Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which program do you prefer

DirtAngler

Which program do you prefer? Why? What mods have you done to it?

For me each program is only a space in memory where you store settings so I'd rather talk about parameters. My favourite setup is the following:

Discr 1,5
4 tones, thresholds 1,5/10/96 frequencies 200/200/644/757
Notch 0-10 and 99
Sensitivity 95 and higher, where possible
Tx 2
Frequency 12K
Iron level 3
Reactivity 1 or 2 in trashy area
Silencer 2
Audio response 4
Ground - usually manual, sometimes tracking

This works perfectly in polish conditions, especially in places with many iron pieces in the ground. Gives good depth and separation. Dig all clear signals, when sound is a bit dirty, that usually means bigger iron or not regular shapes of the target. Range of ID up to 40 I usually verify also on remote control - if ID is not stable, most probably it is not a valuable target.

I have limited experience with the Deus but I will give you my opinion anyway. I use Basic 1 in 4 tone with highest tone set for copper penny and above. I set the Basic 2 set up at 4Khz with basically the same parameters and when I get a signal on Basic 1 that could be a rusty bottle cap, I switch over to 4Khz. If it gives a 90's TID, I pass it up. I have almost eliminated digging bottle caps by verifying my targets with the 4Khz program. In slot #8 I have a coin program set up like Deus Fast except at 12Khz with disc at 50 and notch from 55-75. I use it in very trashy areas when I am only looking for coins. I have it in the #8 slot because I can use the 4Khz program already set up in #9 to verify my targets. Just a Deus Rookies set up but it's working pretty well for me so far.

My favourite and unsurpassed is GMP 18 kHz, Sensivity usually 99 sometimes by a point or two lower, Discrimination 5, TX3, GB on Tracking other regulation as in factory programme.

Thanks Pescadore and Denar1 for your settings. Wish more would post what mods they are trying. I too have 4 programs that I use that mostly I just switched the frequencies on to allow me to switch between the 4 frequencies when checking targets. I am very new to the XP Deus but have learned how different frequencies can help through my use of the Xterra 705. I did dig a barber dime last week that hit using frequency 12 but it was faint and iffy. Dug the plug, rescanned the hole and the signal was still faint and iffy so I switched to my freq. 4 program and it hit stronger and showed more in the horseshoe. Barber dime at 8".

i have copied this over from the Uk forum as its a very usefull tip

I have to say.....I am totally in love with All Metal 2 tones! It's exactly how we used to run the ETracs so I'm completely in tune with noise.
Winkled out some interesting finds.
Some of these finds came from really respectable depths......10, 12 & 14 inches! I'm not saying that it's because of the zero disc.....just indicating depths.
I began listening for the faint high tones that were repeatable. Took a gamble on a couple and they were non ferrous! Kept in 18 kHz and achieved some great depths for 18 kHz.

What a cracking machine!

unquote

DirtAngler said:
Thanks Pescadore and Denar1 for your settings. Wish more would post what mods they are trying. I too have 4 programs that I use that mostly I just switched the frequencies on to allow me to switch between the 4 frequencies when checking targets. I am very new to the XP Deus but have learned how different frequencies can help through my use of the Xterra 705. I did dig a barber dime last week that hit using frequency 12 but it was faint and iffy. Dug the plug, rescanned the hole and the signal was still faint and iffy so I switched to my freq. 4 program and it hit stronger and showed more in the horseshoe. Barber dime at 8".

congrats on the Barber !!! I like starting with the 12 and checking with the 4. I am new to the Deus also but think it is a great machine.
Pesc

targets said:
i have copied this over from the Uk forum as its a very usefull tip

I have to say.....I am totally in love with All Metal 2 tones! It's exactly how we used to run the ETracs so I'm completely in tune with noise.
Winkled out some interesting finds.
Some of these finds came from really respectable depths......10, 12 & 14 inches! I'm not saying that it's because of the zero disc.....just indicating depths.
I began listening for the faint high tones that were repeatable. Took a gamble on a couple and they were non ferrous! Kept in 18 kHz and achieved some great depths for 18 kHz.

What a cracking machine!

unquote

That was actually my comment!!!!

This is my favourite setup now......all metal and 2 tones which have been generated from 4 tones.
GB tracking
TX 3
18 khz
Sens 95+
Tone 1 (200) set at 0
Tone 2 (200) set at 15
Tone 3 (790) set at 98
Tone 4 (200) set at 99

This gives you a low tone from 0-15, a high tone from 16-98 and a low tone for 99 which combats the large iron wrap around.

It seems to give you great depth and terrific sensitivity.

All the best,

Gaz.

This is what I use being a relic hunter:

12 khz
reactivity 2 (silencer 1)
sensitivety 95
2 tone
iron volume 2
discimination 5
audio response 4

...and dig everything over 35. With the silencer on 1 you get a little more depth on hammered at the cost of a few deep nails falsing.

Good luck and HH.

sorry gaz i hope you didnt mind me posting as its a good tip .....

Deus Fast in the trash.

I've given up on my search to find a better combination of settings for hunting trashy sites than Deus Fast. Other than re-assigning the tones for US coins.........and dropping the disc to zero when I can stand the noise......it's just about perfect. :biggrin: