Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which small coil do you prefer for the Minelab Safari?

Confetrit

I'm looking to get a small search cool for my Safari. Which small coil do you Safari users prefer and why? I'm looking to probably get a CD coil over the concentric. I have the stock 11' cool that came on the unit, but I want to add a smaller coil that is capable of picking out good targets amongst the iron in parks, playgrounds, or Old homesites. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kevin

I bought a safari as a back up to my CTX but haven't used it much at all... That being said I went with the detect sef 6x8 and my buddy who has no clue what he's doing had decent success with it... I'm going to bring the safari to some 1800 foundations that I've hammered with the CTX to see what it can find I'll keep you posted

I'm looking to get a small search cool for my Safari. Which small coil do you Safari users prefer and why? I'm looking to probably get a CD coil over the concentric. I have the stock 11' cool that came on the unit, but I want to add a smaller coil that is capable of picking out good targets amongst the iron in parks, playgrounds, or Old homesites. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kevin
Sunray X5 or X8, supposedly hands down the best for trash separation and stability, due to numerous reviews on many different small coils, I'll be buying the X8 for my E-Trac. Not saying others aren't great, but, nothing but praise over these coils, they run about $209 new. Check with Richard at Backwoods.

Sunray X5 or X8, supposedly hands down the best for trash separation and stability, due to numerous reviews on many different small coils, I'll be buying the X8 for my E-Trac. Not saying others aren't great, but, nothing but praise over these coils, they run about $209 new. Check with Richard at Backwoods.
Thanks CP for your response. I have heard a lot about the Sunray coils, but I wasn't sure if they were still in production or not. The X8, is this a round DD search coil? I am familiar with Richard@backwoods detectors. He made me a Great deal on my Safari. He's a great guy to deal with. Thanks for the info, and I'll check the coils out further. Best of luck to you with the New Sunray X8.

I bought a safari as a back up to my CTX but haven't used it much at all... That being said I went with the detect sef 6x8 and my buddy who has no clue what he's doing had decent success with it... I'm going to bring the safari to some 1800 foundations that I've hammered with the CTX to see what it can find I'll keep you posted
Thanks for your reply and Best of luck to you with the Safari around those old foundations. Keep me posted how it did if you will.

Thanks CP for your response. I have heard a lot about the Sunray coils, but I wasn't sure if they were still in production or not. The X8, is this a round DD search coil? I am familiar with Richard@backwoods detectors. He made me a Great deal on my Safari. He's a great guy to deal with. Thanks for the info, and I'll check the coils out further. Best of luck to you with the New Sunray X8.
haven't bought one yet, but it's on my list of things.... and round