Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which Small coil for the XLT?

bluemax

I recently purchased a New XLT detector and really like it. I'm looking to purchase a smaller coil for using in local parks for coinshooting and the occasional jewelry find. Most of the local parks are really trashy with alot of pull tabs and screw caps. What would be the best coil? White's 5 1/2" Black Maxx or the White's 4/6" DD coil? I'm certainly open to any aftermarket suggestions but haven't found any for the XLT except the BigFoot which really surprises me!! Thanks!:please:

Picking the trash out of the way is part of the hobby.You know there has not been too many people detecting there.You really are cleaning it up for yourself for future hunts.Sell the scrap and use money for batteries etc.You may be passing up some nice jewelery.Smaller coil means longer hours swinging the detector,larger more finds per swing.The digging will also keep your back in excellent shape.If you get tired,just sit down,take a drink of water and think about how lucky you are to be fit enough to detect.Every time you dig something you are reaching below you feet.Pretty good exercise.

I have seen my buddy pull 8 inch silver dimes with it...as he is the XLT guru...Blue Max 600 is an older version with older technolgy..Not sure about the 4 x 6 Double D but feel its only for the MXT and DFX due to different frequencies..

Thanks everyone for all the input. Ended up ordering the 5.3" Black Max, it should be here in a few days. Thanks again all!!

I use a 4x 6" shooter and a 5.3black max on an XLT and prefer
the 5.3 Max for overal hunting in trashy places,including both aluminum and iron trash and feel the 5.3 gets better depth,however the 4x6" may have a slight edge in separation due to the more narrow profile.Sure wish every manufacturer had a 6" coil for their detectors as many of us are forced to hunt trashy places and a 4"has it's place but not for coverage.HH Bill

A third part coil you should consider is the Jimmy Sierra Eliminator which is the size you are looking for but will do better under/near power lines than the Whites and in all metal will allow you to detect under metal play equipment in parks and barbed wire fences in the countryside. Rather expensive but worth it.

I use the Eliminator on my IDX Pro and agree with UK Brian`s post.I also find it very helpfull near electric fences plus it beats conventional coils in separating iron trash.Depthwise,it equals the 5.3(which is actually a 6.5").It is a pity they don`t have one for my MXT.JimmySierra really needs to advertise this coil more.

Well I'm still waiting for my White's 5.3" coil. I ordered it from Kelleyco since they're the only dealer I could find online who actually lists White's accessories. Well it arrived today and when I opened the UPS box I found the correct invoice but the wrong coil!! They sent me a 4" Bounty Hunter coil. Of course when I called them the assistant manager was helpful but also told me they had no 5.3" White's coils in stock so now I wait for a mailer to send the incorrect coil back and I've been assured the correct coil will arrive sometime next week directly from White's. We shall see.

As a follow up I have to say the XLT is my first and last White's detector.It's just to inconvienent to get accessories! Why does White limit only one dealer to advertise White's products online? Looks like either Fisher or Minelab next for me much easier to find product for them