Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whispers

aussiedigger

Must firstly say I'm enjoying my CTX 3030 heaps. :ausflag:
Sorry if this question has been asked before or if I've posted in the wrong section.

But coming from a Excalibur 11 and having used one for over 7 years the the thing I miss most are the whispers and very soft sounds when onto something really deep.
Is there a way of setting the CTX up the same way at the moment I get the same audio for any depth and there are no whispers to speak of. ( I miss them )
I'm using quality headphones and feel I must be doing something wrong.Or more to the point missing those really deep finds.

Thanks ( AD )

The very first thing I noticed also lack of threshold. Its there and you can raise it up to hear it. I have ask this question 6 months ago and never got a complete responce? Coming from the Excalibur II I was lost! I was told to just raise it to max! But when I asked if this would affect the ability to hear faint targets that tend to be deep,I got no responce? I felt at the beginng this is a beep and dig machine, because no target ever has a deep sound. Yes I dig targets that were deep just never sound deep. Now 6 months later and some 350 plus hours I have dug targets that are deep and sound deep!
I have done nothing different. I se the threshold like the Excalibur to barely audiable (blackwidow's) and work very slowly. Being on the beach and able to dig iffy targets makesa big difference. Forget the statement if it don't repeat from two direction its trash! Many many targets dug that barely make a tone have come from some amazing depths and have been coins! Ya some of it has been trash. But its the beach and it takes three scoops and a refill.I would not have wanted to dig in the dirt that deep to find trash. I have not found a set of water proof headphones that block any outside noise to hear faint targets on the beach.
BCNJ

Aussiedigger....try adjusting the GAIN. At the max of 30, all targets, deep or shallow, have the same audio response. Try a GAIN setting of 20 or so, and then adjust up or to find the audio response you like best. Hope that helps.....HH

To increase the threshold volume, hold down the volume button, select threshold, adjust accordingly.

The louder the threshold, the more quiet tones you will miss.

why would you turn down the gain to increase a whisper when you can raise the gain and the whisper becomes louder than a whisper? Do you want to make it harder to find stuff? I routinely have to go 12+ down and that usually means around 18+.... If you want whispers/faints/threshold breaks use the excal... I have both and I understand your transition... I often take the excal out simply because of this. It's simple... PP= hear something, flip the toggle to Discim. Hear discrim? DIG IT!!!! Hear a break? Dig one big one down .Still hear it? Chase after it if you have the energy.
Best thing about a CTX is ID.... 12.36? WALK AWAY......