Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites 6000 D vs. 6000 DI ????

CoinShooter01

I was hitting garage sales this morning and found a old Whites 6000.
I passed on the purchase, but it got me thinking....
What is the difference between a 6000 D and the 6000 DI?
I searched google, and Im more confused than before!
Seems like some have a meter built onto the housing, and others have the meter built into the handle...
But It seems like both the D and the DI came either way, so I dont believe that is the difference.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the difference between a 6000 D and the 6000 DI?
Thanks in advance.

The 6000/D has a depth meter and the 6000/Di has a discrimination indicator(VDI) meter. The units that have a meter mounted at the front of the handle started with the 'Series 3'. The earlier models were on the control housing.

The 6000/D has a depth meter and the 6000/Di has a discrimination indicator(VDI) meter. The units that have a meter mounted at the front of the handle started with the 'Series 3'. The earlier models were on the control housing.
Thank you for your information Straker.
Would there be any other differences between a early 6000 DI with the meter in the housing, and a latter version 6000 DI with the meter in the handle, or are they basically the same machine with different meter locations?

i believe the meter location was the only difference, those units when tuned properly preformed really well in my experience

Thank you for your information Straker.
Would there be any other differences between a early 6000 DI with the meter in the housing, and a latter version 6000 DI with the meter in the handle, or are they basically the same machine with different meter locations?
The later 6000/Di Professional series have a 'Sensitivity' knob to increase power. The original 6000/Di Series 2 and 3 didn't. The black box 6000/Di replaced the 'Signal Balance' for 'Sensitivity' adjustment.

The later 6000/Di Professional series have a 'Sensitivity' knob to increase power. The original 6000/Di Series 2 and 3 didn't. The black box 6000/Di replaced the 'Signal Balance' for 'Sensitivity' adjustment.
The power is fixed , sensitivity adjusting does not increase "power". Same for all or most detectors. Too much sensitivity can miss or loose targets on trashy sites.

Had all 3 the series 3 had boost the 6000 and 6000di series2 did not all signals were boost if it seen it gave same report on a shallow target or deep target volume wise . Another words the battery check knob had min VDI and a max VDI which boost the volume . sube

Last edited:
The power is fixed , sensitivity adjusting does not increase "power". Same for all or most detectors. Too much sensitivity can miss or loose targets on trashy sites.
I stand corrected. Sensitivity either increases or decreases the sensitivity of the audio tone only in the GEB/DISC mode and Meter indications in all 4 modes.

Attachments

• cm_6000_di_pro_plus_hr_instruction_manual.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
6000 d series 2uses 14 as batteries and the 6000 di series 2uses 4 c cells
I have noticed the 6000 d series goes deeper