Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Quantum II question

A

Anonymous

I bought a White's Quantum II in April of this year used.
It has a 9 1/2" coil on which it was changed to. The 91/2" was used I think when put on from a different machine.
When I reject Hi iron and Low iron and I get near a swing set or something that is Iron in the ground. The machine will tone and when I view the visual ID it says iron.
I contacted the White's company and they said to send it in for service and they'll check it out. At a total cost of $50.00.
Has anyone ever had this problem and since it a Quantum II would it be worth it having it repaired or better to invest into a new one.
I told White's that I was concidering a Prism and they feel the Quantum II is a better machine. They said if it was the coil they have replacement for $79.00.
Any idea's what I should do????
Is a Quantum worth restoring since it's from the 90's????
First machine......

My friend has recently sent his to Whites here in England for the same problem and it was the coil, had a new one fitted and now it's fine.

I would fix the Quantum. $50 is way cheaper than a new prizm. The prizm seems to be a lower priced detector than the Quantums are new. I had a Quantum and loved it. I upgraded to a DFX a year later. I would fix the detector you have, use the $$$ you find to help fund your next high end detector. I would not buy a low end detector and you already own a medium end detector. Fix it, use it, then trade it in or keep it as a back up.