Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Service

RLOH

Will Whites be servicing older detectors and honoring new detector's warranties? I would be leary of buying a new detector. The last two newer Whites I bought needed sent in for repairs. The older XLT's,MXT's and DFX's I have owned were bullet proof. It's a sad time for this one time "king of the mountain".

One of their repair centers said they would continue to do repairs. Centerville Electronics
Actually, it's Centreville, not Centerville, and I'm waiting to see how they handle my warranty issuer. Paul at Centreville seems a good guy, so we'll see what happens.
Jim

I spoke to Whites the week they announced their manufacturing was ceasing. I actually had my V3! there for a screen replacement and was concerned. I spoke to several folks on the call. All were very professional. I also purchased a new MX Sport in March and was concerned about the warranty. They said Bob at Centerville Electronics would handle any warranty issues. They are still standing behind their machines during this difficult time. I am seeing many popular Whites machines on the big box sites selling out. I fore one feel very bad for the company. But, you can't change the color and sticker and call it new. I have used Whites since the 1970's and really enjoyed each of them.
Hope this info helps.

If it's any Consolation, Centreville does quality Work. I had my Screen replaced on my
Spectrum (xlt) and Never had 1 problem. Wish you the Best!!!
silverseeker2
Hi silver, when you sent your XLT in, did it have two white lines in screen? I have a nice XLT and it has the two little lines in screen, don't hurt it any, still works as it should, and the lines you can't even see hardly when hunting. Thanks flintstone

I called their number and it says it’s not working . Is there another number to call for warranty repairs ? Thanks

From the Centreville Electronics web page:
"PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, OUR STORE WILL BE OPENED TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 10 TO 4 ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
ALSO, OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER IS BEING DISCONNECTED SO PLEASE CALL US AT 703-367-7999."

Whites re-opened the Oregon repair center. Holly told me they would stay open for 3 or 4 weeks. They sent me a new coil, under warranty, for the falsing 6 x 10 that came with my GM24K.
At my request, they also returned the bad coil, so I could try and repair it to use as a backup. Same old solid Whites service. They also gave me a great deal on a handle and lower rod for a GM2, 3 or V-Sat.
Jim