Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Spectra V3i desirable freg./kHz display.

#1Leatherneck

My White's Spectra V3i will always be a keeper! The beautiful display with the complete information showing the different freq./kHz and the pinpoint indicating the full information of the freq./kHz., has much to appreciate. Although, I have added another metal detector to my collection they will compliment each other. I believe White's is open at this time for temporary service? Hopefully, there will be someone to at least do repair on their machines? Thanks in advance for all responses!

White's Spectra V3i as I stated earlier will always be a keeper! I have added the 800 to my collection; however, I believe the V3i will never be surpassed! To my knowledge it is the only metal detector that has a full display of the freq./kHz displayed simultaneously? Likewise, the only multi-frequency (freq./kHz) displaying the information in the pinpointing for the freq./kHz. When you have a coil over a target, and it is either 'chatty' or making unnecessary noise, if it does not show the individual freq./kHz one just has to guess what the target is. It certainly leaves much to be desired! It is extremely helpful when deciding how to filter out the Electro Magnetic Interference. The V3i shows the freq./kHz. Once this information is acquiesced, then, one can make adjustments accordingly, and possibly still be able to hunt in that freq./kHz.

Minelab tries do deal with what the best frequency for EMI is by using the Auto Noise Cancel function and by offering easily selectable single frequencies. Neither will completely shut out EMI unless you turn down the sensitivity. Nothing will on any high gain detector aside from cutting sensitivity almost in half. I have hunted several high EMI sites for comparison with a Whites DFX, Whites V3i and the Equinox. The Equinox was by far the easiest to adjust for EMI interference in my opinion. As far as letting all of us know what simultaneous multi frequencies the Equinox is running like Whites did with the V3i by showing it right on that beautiful screen.....................ain't going to happen.

Minelab tries do deal with what the best frequency for EMI is by using the Auto Noise Cancel function and by offering easily selectable single frequencies. Neither will completely shut out EMI unless you turn down the sensitivity. Nothing will on any high gain detector aside from cutting sensitivity almost in half. I have hunted several high EMI sites for comparison with a Whites DFX, Whites V3i and the Equinox. The Equinox was by far the easiest to adjust for EMI interference in my opinion. As far as letting all of us know what simultaneous multi frequencies the Equinox is running like Whites did with the V3i by showing it right on that beautiful screen.....................ain't going to happen.
Thus, 'just guess at it'! Likewise, the VDI (Visual Discrimination Indication numbers) corresponds with the freq./kHz. This is all displayed on the V3i! Where I find this much to be desired is in the additional 4 kHz on the 800. One can see in multi-function a VDI, and be unaware of what freq./kHz it is that the coil is sending back to the operator? And, when changing to the 4 kHz the videos I have seen show that the VDI is different?
I believe they are both great detectors!
I will keep both of my detectors! I do not believe I could have chose a better metal detector to compliment my V3i? ? ?