Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who uses a coil cover out there ?

Terry in PA

Do you really need one with the newer coils? I've used them in the past with other detectors I've had like the ones with the white GTI coils that could break very easy. But these new coils don't look like you would need a cover.

a coil cover is a good idea if you hunt in rocky areas,you know as they say an once of prevention is whort a cracked coil.

I have used a coil cover on every coil I have used on most all my detectors in the last 25 years. Keeps the coil bottom from being scratched.

They work great for protecting the coil in rocks, and will help keep the coils resale value. You are probably thinking that you would never sell it, but you never know if you may need to someday.

If your a ground scubber you'll need one for sure !

If I'm using a coil int the sand or surf I take the coil cover off. I use the bed liner spray method. Coil covers in the surf are just aggravation.

I'm using one on my AT Pro.....cheap insurance that the coil don't get all scratched up in my mind :)

I use one..I just like the added protection cause I do alot of my hunting in rough terrain :detecting:.....

I always use one, I figure it's pretty cheap insurance for protecting the coil against an accident.

Always 100% at all times.. Humm let me see $14.00 coil cover or $100.00+on a new coil :confused:

I've always used coil covers unless I was nugget huntin'.:wiggle: I've always gotten alot better sensitivity to smaller nuggets without the coil cover.:detecting:
About a year or so ago, I started using truck bed liner on all my black search coils. I just can't bring myself to spray those old white Crossfire search coils.:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)