Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who will acquire Whites ?

It wasn't a matter of what would happen with White's name, or question of who might acquire White's. That's already been handled. What's left at White's they are trying to sell off on their website, just a lot of the bigger equipment used for making metal detectors. All we really know is someone has acquired some patent and the important smart-parts of the company, and now the question is what is going to be done with it.

The industry is just a little confusing in a way. You had the two brothers who had two detector companies, one called Nokta and the other Makro. One bought the other out of and they merged the two names. Here in the US three decades ago a company bought out Teknetics and Bounty Hunter, but only handled the mass-market Bounty Hunter line. And then they had the teknetics brand name and they started making new detectors under that label, plus they acquired Fisher when they were going out of business, and so now we have the parent company First Texas products or FTP, who makes three different brands.

So I wonder, are we going to have a Garrett / White's detector business, or will it be to fold and they will function with both business names under different facilities, where are they simply going to maintain they're well-known Garrett brand name, and simply incorporate new design Technologies in products under the Garrett name and simply disassociate the brand name of White's?

Personally, I think it would kind of Muddy the waters if they were to try and make both separate brands and Market them. I'd be concerned that it could be a negative reflection between one brand and the other. I'm glad that they have acquired the patents and important design and Technical information that can be useful to them, but I think they need to just have the engineering to take advantage of the new acquired material and go forward to bring the industry some newly designed and promotable Garrett Metal Detectors. That's really what they have needed, and I hope in the future we'll see the merge of a blend of Technologies from Garrett.

That's just how I see it, they acquired all that there was left worth acquiring that had value, so let's just appreciate them having the new material but let the White's brand name go ahead and fade into the sunset.

Monte

White's, as we had known it, is done. Garrett will not do the sales for them and will not do any repairs of White's stuff. They payed for the brands name and the technique stuff and their running patents especially not to run in issues with their MF technologie I think. In the past white's had paid for some minelab technique (groundtracking and so) which is second to none even after that long time. May be they're going to build a line under that brand but I don't think so. (...and white's british site will link you back to the U.S. ...)
It's all about MARKETING. (fishing for white's customers)

I doubt that anyone will be willing to make the investment that it will take to bring Whites back. Whites has died because of the lack of new technology that most folks today are demanding.
Sounds like the way Tesoro went :shrug:

What manufacturers in the United States are still viable?
What manufacturers in the United States will be viable June 26, 2021?
The above quote was when I was looking into my 'crystal ball' and predicting that a company in the United States would pick up White's! lol
To my knowledge the White's Spectra V3i is the only multi freq./kHz with a 'normalized' VDI ((Visual Discrimination Indication) To keep users from having to learn all these different phase response scales, White’s has chosen to normalize them all to a standard VDI scale. Therefore, a US nickel detected with a 6kHz detector will have the same VDI as with a 15kHz detector. For historical reasons, the standard VDI scale is based on a 6.592kHz detector. The standard VDI scale is shown below. (c/p) Ante.
The V3i with the beautiful colored indication in both the search mode, and the pin pointing mode displaying much information is a detector I will always keep. Now, that they are no longer made, it is worth just as much to me as it was the day I bought it! If the V3i is not worth as much today, as yesterday, go buy one! lol ROFL
The V3i is possibly the most durable multi freq./kHz metal detector on the market? I have watched a 6' man hold White's over their head, and drop it on concrete, and it kept on ticking.

I've got 2 XLT's, an older Spectrum and the newer (then) E-Series. I'll be swinging them as long as they keep working. I know them quite well and don't see a need to buy anything else.