Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will the ATX coils come with coil covers?

Jim Robertson

In the newest video as the detector was unpacked there were no coil covers. I always use coil covers as coils are so $$$$ to replace!

Jim, in the ATX manual, page 5: "The box for your detector contains the following parts: Coil cover (shown installed)". That cover looks to be a closed cover. On page 28, it says: "For water hunting, use an open coil cover or no coil cover, as the
optional closed coil cover can create excessive drag in the water." I think the word optional is a typo.

Dale

Thanks Dale
In the new video as he was unpacking the detector the first thing I saw on each coil there were no coil covers. I was hoping there would be covers. I try to take good care of my detectors and that is hard to do without coil covers.

Jim, I agree with you about use of the covers. I do not like the idea of using a closed cover on the DD coil for relic hunting. I think it would much easier to pinpoint with an open cover.

The current release of ATX detectors do not have coil covers. I know that the coils have an excellent resin in them, with little or no issues. I have been running both my AT Gold and AT Pro detectors with no coil covers with no issues at all, and hunt quite regularly in both water and land.. If a lot of people are requesting coil covers, I am sure Garrett will consider it.

You can spray the bottoms of the coil with truck bed liner spray, (spray a test spot onto some cardboard and run your detector over it to ensure there are no additives that will sound off) I have done this for a couple of years now and it works great. Can also be touched up easily if you get spots wearing through.
I have also used the Flex Seal rubber spray with good results, but the bed liner spray is less prone to wear.

If you read the info in the manual about water use and what comes in the box, it talks about both open and closed coil covers. That tells me the Garrett is either making coil covers or will be, soon.

Thanks John for the reply. I think that is a lot of money to spend on a detector and not have a coil cover for the coils.

frog21 said:
Jim, in the ATX manual, page 5: "The box for your detector contains the following parts: Coil cover (shown installed)". That cover looks to be a closed cover. On page 28, it says: "For water hunting, use an open coil cover or no coil cover, as the
optional closed coil cover can create excessive drag in the water." I think the word optional is a typo.

Dale

Nice to see someone actually reading the instruction manual :thumbup:

ivanll

I didnt get any because they are still being manufactured as I got an early one. They should still be a part of the packages.