Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will the Legends "FERROCHECK" stop you from digging trash?

I initially thought Ferrocheck would help identify targets at depth, until I read the manual again, and it was designed to help identify shallower targets near the surface.
I guess it does help in letting you know that it is a shallow target for one, and also the amount of iron contained in the target. In a high trash environment with multiple targets and iron, the indication may become confusing though, but it is another tool to use in making your determination. Like most I still rely on the sound, and the Ferrocheck and VDI would come in second in making my decision to dig it or not.
I believe the next update with iron bias will also help in making your decision. If searching for targets, especially gold items, you will always dig some trash, especially aluminum, regardless of the detector, or you'll be missing out on some of the gold.
In making full long sweeps as stated in the manual, using Ferrocheck, you're bound to be going over numerous targets unless you are in some really clean ground, which is really hard to find nowadays.

Last edited:
I’ve dug more two way hits with the Legend than I’ve dug in years. Thanks to the ferro check. Iron all around and only get one spot circling the target that you can wiggle a good sound and the ferro check says non ferrous. I’m losing count of how many times that’s happened in the little over sixty hours on the machine.
The last happened to be a general service eagle button from a park where the last skirmish was fought here in 1861. The guys couldn’t believe it and I was grinning from ear to ear. That place has been hammered for over thirty years. The button was just hiding in with some iron till the legend said there’s non ferrous there!

Not sure what problem is but video is stuck on initial frame. Tried scuffing ahead but will not play. No sound no movement 😟

People who do not dig trash are missing out on some great finds, in my opinion. PIcketwire

I agree with Picketwire. I would prefer having a toggle to turn off/on Ferrocheck. I want to make the decision of digging/not digging and displaying the target instead of having the Legend not letting me know what's there. I hunt only beaches and dig just about everything, so let me make the decision, not Ferrocheck........Don