Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Winter

rick in mi

Well here I sit in the water winter wonderland!!! It's a balmy 29 degrees. Fresh snow overnight. My first winter since I retired. Boats been stored away. About ready to pull the batteries on the f75 and lay her to rest for a couple months. So....Now I start preparing for the next season. Already printing maps and setting way points. Perfect time to hit the back roads and look for foundations and other old structures. Only time of the year I can actually see into the woods!!. And of course I'll read with envy all the posts from ya'all southerners still digging lol...hhrickinmi

Yeah, I'm lucky over here in West Tn, doesn't get below freezing too often and if it does, doesn't last long. The few times the ground may freeze a few inches deep, (usually open terrain) I head for the woods. Down here, woods ground doesn't freeze as our cold snaps typically aren't all that long.

Being retired, a trip a little further south might be in order? HH jim tn

Rick, I understand the season, and Jim, I envy your opportunities. It is snow covered here. About 4" where I live but 6" to 9" for friends up on "the bench" . We got down to 8° night before last, 11° this morning, warmed to 28° today, but it has dropped to 15° at 9:15 this evening and headed to 11° or lower tonight. Yes, indeed, it is winter. I have had batteries out of all my detectors here in the den for a while now. Been organizing my 'study area' so I can hit-the-books (old ones) and dig out my maps (also older issued printing) so I can start planning for 2023. We do need the snow build-up, especially in the mountains, to help re-fill lakes and reservoirs due to the drought the past five or six years.