Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless headphones for Minelab Safari/fbs metal detectors

Confetrit

I have a Minelab Safari and I'm thinking of trying to go wireless with the headphones. I have a set of Gray Ghost Original headphones that I really like. These are the best headphones to date that I have personally used as far as comfort, sound, and overall quality build. I was thinking of trying as set of the Gray Ghost wireless headphones for Minelab the detectors. Two things: 1) these are out of stock pretty much everywhere I have looked, and 2) the reviews I have read on these are pretty much 50/50 pro vs con. I have seen where some are using the Garrett ms3 Zlynk wireless headphones with a Minelab Etrac. I was wondering if there are any here that have used or still use these with their the detectors and if so what your thoughts are overall as far as pairing these with your Minelab, and your thoughts as far as comfort and quality are of the Zlynk headphones. Your comments would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Back when I used the Etrac and Explorer SE machines primarily, I used (and still own), the WR700 TDK KLEER technology wireless headphones. I will still use those about any time I take a day and use my FBS units. KInda cheesy with the transmitter and the AAA batteries and all, but the latency is very good. My old Minelab hunt buddy made a face a lot when I used them though. His idea was that you needed the straight wired, non wireless headphones to hear the best deepies.

I have used the Zlynk on my E-trac no volume
I bought the Quest wirefree headphones and transmitter the volume is great.
I will sell for 120.00 like new
I now use the EQ 800 so I don't use anymore
Is there a certain model of the Quest wireless headphones that you used on your Etrac?

Here they are unboxed

Attachments

• IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    924.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1987.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG
    910.5 KB · Views: 234
u2robert, Thank you so much for the pic's and the information on the Quest Pro wireless headphones. Most of these that I found online specified that they were for use with the Garrett AT line metal detectors. I'll check these out. Thanks again. Kevin

u2robert, Thank you so much for the pic's and the information on the Quest Pro wireless headphones. Most of these that I found online specified that they were for use with the Garrett AT line metal detectors. I'll check these out. Thanks again. Kevin
The ones your reading online that say they’re specifically for the at pro are because the at pro needs a special end to plug into the control box. Garrett designed a special headphones plug in for the at pro,and regular 1/4 or 1/8 inch ends will not work.. so quest copied Garret’s design and sells some of theyre wireless headphones sets specifically for the at pro,yes.. the set that Robert is showing you have the standard 1/4 inch jack and will work perfectly with your safari.

The ones your reading online that say they’re specifically for the at pro are because the at pro needs a special end to plug into the control box. Garrett designed a special headphones plug in for the at pro,and regular 1/4 or 1/8 inch ends will not work.. so quest copied Garret’s design and sells some of theyre wireless headphones sets specifically for the at pro,yes.. the set that Robert is showing you have the standard 1/4 inch jack and will work perfectly with your safari.
Thanks for your replies u2robert and woodbutcher.