Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

With all the new detectors coming out or already out I will say this..

woodchiphustler

The Deus is one of the best detectors, If not the best I have owned and I have tested and used every detector made since pre 1969. it is light weight, easy to transport, easy to charge, easy to clean, easy to program, easy to use, and has the best audio ID I have ever used. Plenty of depth and at the push of 1 button you can check a signal in different frequencies and different programs.. A relic and old copper and spanish coin hunters dream. Yes I will try a BTool, and a CX something or other because I'm compelled to do it by my nature. But I want to thank Alain for this wonderful button finding machine. I'am the original "Button digger" and have dug over 300 since I got the Deus. Thats what I'm talking about. THe need for speed. Yes sir.

:lol::super:

me to my button collection since using xp,s well i,v lost count

i love the little extra sound you get with a nice button :thumbup:

I am with you George...I feel a machine with great audio is better than any unit with a lot of visual attractions. Once a persons ears are trained to hear a specific sound, it's much easier to discern the sound or pick it out when hunting than to try to interpret what a screen is trying to tell you. Just my opinion.

I have been using a CZ since they first came out, and I know the sounds that stop me in my tracks when swinging and never look at the meter. Seems you got that ear to brain connectivity working with the Deus ! Whenever I hear an experienced hunter talk about the audio of a unit, it peaks my interest. I don't relic hunt much, but do coin hunt and beach hunt a lot. I have several different units for the wet sand, but it seems the Deus may be an outstanding dry sand hunter with its quick recovery speed, light weight and ability to switch frequencies ( a huge advantage). Some may not realize that yet, but they will.

For me, the features the Deus has gives it an upper hand over the other 2 new units ( Bliss and CTX) that you mentioned, and it's probably the next unit I get. If I can hunt via audio, keep the control box in my pocket and not have to look at the screen and hunt via audio, that's a big plus in my book. Plus the ultra light weight puts it over the top.

You are so right my friend.

I could not agree more. The Deus is an absolutely fantastic machine and a complete pleasure to use. No matter what comes out in the future, I think that Deus will keep its place in the market without any problem. HH -Marc

Yes George the XP is a real eye opener it's ability to do it all...And do it all well...

It can emulate alot of machines in the setting's and out perform alot of machine's..

Keith

Keith Southern said:
Yes George the XP is a real eye opener it's ability to do it all...And do it all well...

It can emulate alot of machines in the setting's and out perform alot of machine's..

Keith

VERY true statement. Its very versatile!

I have owned and used the XP Deus for well over 2 years.

I get into trouble at times in the UK for praising it as there are some folks who belittled it and have had to eat humble pie during that time.

A certain new machine has arrived on the scene in the last month, but for various reasons those that were waiting in the wings for it are now swelling the ranks of the Deus owners.

It pleasing to see how many of you fellow detectorists over the big pond have taken to the Deus which at the time of arrrived seemed a bit expensiive but that is no longer the case these days.;):beers:Jerry.

but deep coin hunting in the turf with lots of modern trash ,not so much. I am looking forward to the next update as I expect it will address our needs as old deep coin hunters here in the USA :thumbup:

Ray-Mo. said:
but deep coin hunting in the turf with lots of modern trash ,not so much. I am looking forward to the next update as I expect it will address our needs as old deep coin hunters here in the USA :thumbup:
That would be a game changer for sure... More depth in compacted/undisturbed soil would be a great addition for sure!!!

George,
I agree everything you say except the audio. I I cannot say the DEUS is the best audio I've ever experienced. I have gone into the programming and am using the 4 tones (and I will admit my hearing isnt that acute). I still cannot differentiant between most tones except the highs. While bench testing targets I can hear the difference, however in the field for myself , its totally different.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron

I have just got back having being out with a friend who has just purchased the Deus.

The secret to the sounds is practice and to combine the sound which becomes a good indicater in itself with the screen numerics..

3 Hours later he had grasped the basics of what the detector was telling him whether to dig or leave alone using the above methed with success.

As time goes on it becomes even easier unless you get iron with a hole in it or old horseshoes etc.

As my old mum used to say in the 1930`s &1940`s practice makes perfect my son.:thumbup: Jerry.

Gonehunting said:
Ray-Mo. said:
That would be a game changer for sure... More depth in compacted/undisturbed soil would be a great addition for sure!!!

Old post I know, but I find it interesting how a machine can operate differently in different soils/areas. I've found the opposite to above to be true when comparing this machine with my others(ET,CTX). More distinct target acquisition(audio) on my deeper coins/relics.

Again, very interesting to me, and I guess thus the need for more than one machine for different areas...But, with the XP offering the configs/adjustments it does, it's one heck of a versital machine...and the best I've used at this point in time...but I'm only 3 years into this game.