Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Would the xl pro & musky advantge compliment each other as far as land sites? NON BEACH!

champ

IN my own research these 2 detectors are top notch esspeacially the xl pro, the musky in my opinion is still under rated!I own the musky And just ordered a new xl pro and I beleive I will have the land sites licked between the two! The only negative report I heard on the xl pro was the knobs can be easilly moved if thats it this detector is a 10 in my book! I also heard many hunters like the xl pro over the mxt!
Digger/Monte what do you think of these two detectors for inland sites on coins?

I have the XL PRO and it is a great machine I use the hot shot coil and I love the meter. I find gold from the 20-50s there are so many targets in that range that you have to dig them or you give up some nice jewlery.

I use a rubber band on the pods so they don't move and it works just great.

You just named two of my favorite detectors. I have been using the Advantage since it hit the market. In my opinion, there is not a deeper seeking single frequency detector on the market. Once you learn the sounds, it is excellent. If you already own one, you know that! And, the XL Pro is probably the best discriminating detector I have owned. An added bonus of using these two to compliment each other is that you don't have to change your hunting style (sweep speed) when you use one or the other. Many other machines I have had in the past require a much slower sweep speed. If I don't keep that in mind, I know I pass up targets. It is nice to simply turn on the detector (which ever one I happen to be using at the site) and start the hunt-rhythm. I use the Advantage for those open areas where trash is not an issue. And, I use the XLPro for those trashy sites that need a bit more "interpretation" from the meter than just the sounds of the Advantage. I might be getting spoiled with the meter, however, as I find myself using the X-Terra more and more for those open areas. But, I will never be without my Advantage. It has treated me very well over the past few years and paid for itself many times over. Like you mentioned, I prefer the XL Pro over the MXT. In the areas I hunt, the XL Pro will go just as deep, is just as sensitive, separates just as well and is much faster to swing than the MXT. And, I find that I can learn more from a needle deflection than digital numbers jumping around. I like the XL Pro so much, that I am contemplating selling my newest MXT and coils. I've owned a couple of them over the years, and I have made some nice finds with them. I bought this one new from a dealer a couple months ago and it has not even seen any field "action" yet! If anybody wants a good buy on a nearly new MXT and several coils, email me. HH Randy