Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wow they are different:clapping::confused::surrender:

whadda

hi all,,, got out for our first hunt on the week end with our 2 new scorps,, they sure are different to what we are used to , with the ground balance thing but I slowly got my head around that ,, and with in a few minutes we were well into finding our first half bucket of nails,, we were hunting an pub site that dates back to the mid 1800s ,, this was the second time we have hunted this site and I think we found as many nails the first time,, we new that the building burnt down then they moved it to higher ground as it was also prone to a bit of flooding,, after a few hours the land owner came by and told us where the second site was so we will hit that on our next weekend out,,the first time at this site was 3 months ago and we found a penny trade token and an 1866 English penny,, this time we only managed one 1866 penny,, but I think there is more coins there but they are well masked by the nails,,we also found a few brass buttons and tow caps of boots,, also a few shell casings and projectiles,, the one find was a bit interesting is this old broach nothing to spectacular but interesting none the less,, we had some friends come with us for the first time at metal detecting and they are well and truly hooked,, they only found nails and wire but they got into the history of the site and that was it,,well sorry for rambling here are the better finds from both hunts,,I put a us penny and quarter in to give you guys the size difference,, the trade token is a no date coin that I can date somewhere between 1857 and 1863,, the first 1866 penny is the best condition coin of it's age that I have found

cheers Roger

Alright!:bouncy:Nice hunt!:twodetecting:Glad to see ya got them Scorps!:garrett::thumbup:Congrats on the nice finds!:beers:Now ya need to hit them gold fields!:super: Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)