Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wrap around

#1Leatherneck

Are there any members that have ever studied 'W r a p a r o u n d'
My research reveals that the White's Spectra V3i has information about the 'wrap around'.

Excerpts from the manual.
Example: “If the GB point is minus 92 and the hot rock, (target or signal response) is minus 94, then that signal response is assigned VDI +95.” These conditions can influence target response beyond normal discrimination ranges, sometimes referred to as “wrap around”. Hence, when mineralized ground is upwardly influencing the VDI number, it may be beneficial to accept +95. The “wrap” control found in the frequency section of the expert menu is also helpful in identifying these difficult targets.
pg. 32

The information on this forum is very vague about the 'wrap around'.
Thanks,

Leatherneck

Long technical story short, don't reject +95. In my 30 years of use with the White's Spectrums, a lot of my best and deepest finds VDI'd at +95 with a medium threshold tone. Trick is, if you can get a repeatable tone in pinpoint mode from a +95, dig it ! If the target tone disappears or smears/moves around in pinpoint mode than it's likely mineral, hot rock, or could be wrap around ferrous rubbish.

Long technical story short, don't reject +95. In my 30 years of use with the White's Spectrums, a lot of my best and deepest finds VDI'd at +95 with a medium threshold tone. Trick is, if you can get a repeatable tone in pinpoint mode from a +95, dig it ! If the target tone disappears or smears/moves around in pinpoint mode than it's likely mineral, hot rock, or could be wrap around ferrous rubbish.
Instances like this proves my point! Very few keep the White's Spectra V3i. It is undoubtedly the best metal detector to teach one metal detecting?
I have owned mine for less than (2) two years. Many on youtube show the White's Spectra V3i and I believe there are perhaps (3) that are quite efficient
in the menu of the detector. Your response is very appreciated. I will never sell mine. Many become frustrated with the detector because of the arduous learning curve.
The beautiful graph showing all freq./kHz, in both search mode, and pin pointer shows much more than any other metal detector. Others you simply have to guess what the freq./kHz are.
I have an Equinox 800 and I believe they compliment each other very well.
Fredneck thanks,

Leatherneck,
Semper fi

I use a V3i and have learned a lot from it. I wish the ground balance were better. I would really like to see the Equinox updated to show what frequency was hitting the hardest like the V3i

I use a V3i and have learned a lot from it. I wish the ground balance were better. I would really like to see the Equinox updated to show what frequency was hitting the hardest like the V3i
The V3i is certainly a hard act to follow! It will show the freq./kHz, simultaneously, both in search mode, and pin point! Although, I own it, and the Equinox, and with it one can only guess what freq./kHz you are detecting. I do believe they compliment each other. What is on the horizon? I do believe around the turn of the year we will see unbelievable fierce competition. Garrett will perhaps incorporate everything the V3i has to offer and include water proof?