Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WS-4 Headphones

I hope you aren't planning to use the Deus WS4s with you ORX. They won't work.

If the WS-4 puck has the latest 5.21 software they are really nice with the added expert settings.

I have the ORX with the WS headphones and just a Deus WS4 puck/headphones for more tones and the Pitch program....... They do make a good combo.

Jeff

By having the WS4's, it gives me a Deus lite with the 9" HF coil. Two detectors at a bargain price. ORX when I want simple, and Deus when I want more complex, depending on the circumstances of where I'm hunting...

+1 !!!

By having the WS4's, it gives me a Deus lite with the 9" HF coil. Two detectors at a bargain price. ORX when I want simple, and Deus when I want more complex, depending on the circumstances of where I'm hunting...
Would that add many features to an orx user with an x35 coil?

Do you get the TX boost, on the lower frequency, with the ws4 only ?
It is hard to tell but I think boost is included. I checked mine and on the lowest frequencies 3.7 to 4.4 kHz there are only two TX power adjustments on the Version 5 WS4 controller using an X 35 coil. All the rest of the frequencies have three adjustments so I am guessing that means using 3.7 to 4.4 TX power, 1 is TX normal and 2 is TX Boost.

Version 5 for people with just a WS4 controller is actually pretty fun. I have the big watch band holder for mine so I can see it better. The display is very minimalist, so you only get target ID numbers. You don't get any of the graph screens, depth indicator, pinpoint function, mineralization bar or my favorite=the clock. You also don't have the ability to update it (without borrowing a remote control) change the frequency of the tones, set notches, adjust the silencer and there is no threshold tone/adjustment in the Gold mode which is a real bummer for me and makes zero sense whatsoever.

Otherwise, you do have plenty of adjustments available with the addition of the expert settings which weren't available before and make a Version 5 WS4 (if you can see the display) an excellent detector.

Jeff

Thanks both of you guys for the information. Now to make up my mind.... Ws4 or hf coil. Do the frequencys above the x35 coils make a big difference when old coin hunting?

Thanks both of you guys for the information. Now to make up my mind.... Ws4 or hf coil. Do the frequencys above the x35 coils make a big difference when old coin hunting?
That is THE question. I am a gold prospector so having the HF coil is an absolute no brainer. I also coin, jewelry and relic hunt in moderate to high mineralization so again, having the HF coil is a must since frequencies below 14 kHz don't work very well here. I also travel a lot to areas that do not have bad dirt and do have lots of silver coin possibilities. So, having the X-35 coil with its frequencies below 14 kHz and the TX boost is awesome.

Jeff