Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WS5 headphones wont link up

Rick(ND)

I got my new XP Deus with the WS5 headphones and can not get them to work and wonder what I need to do. There is no instruction with the headphones in the box and in the Deus owner manual it says about linking up to a coil or headphones which I have tried even with the serial number and no go. If anyone has got theirs to work I would sure like to know how they did it. Maybe something different has to be done using thew WS5 headphones.
I also notice while charging everything up and the coil seems like it is not charging, but shows it is only about a half charge. I checked the clip and it only goes on one way and I check with a voltage meter and seen it has around 5 volts going to the coil and when I connect it back up to the coil the coil light will come on brighter like it should sometimes and not the next time and try it several time and no go. Wiggled it around and no go, but if it works some times it only works for a couple of seconds in most cases, but the next time it shows it is charging until I wiggle the clip so I wonder if there is something wrong with the clip. Anyone else seen or heard of anyone with this problem too.

Thanks
Rick

Please dont wiggle the clip as the 2 fine contact pins can break.

Its clip straight on or off but make sure that the clip is fully seated in its position.

I always fit mine with the coil off the ground so it sits on the coil properly.

If you have your coil serial number entered on the coil it will or should marry up.

The manual guide is quite specific if you follow it.

Best of luck.

Jerry.

Make sure you turn on your unit first and let it "boot up", then turn on your headphones. I made the mistake of turning on both at the same time and it didn't work. I only have the back phones though but it did the same thing. Also, make sure you are not near any metal when you turn it on as it will interfere with the boot process.

Had to shut down the remote and use the headphones only to do the match up and it works good.
Today when I was going to finish the battery charge it all seem to work OK as it looks like the coil did charge up this time.

Rick