Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WTB Whites 10" Double D

Might try contacting Richard at Backwoods, he has coils from time to time. I have a 5x10 SEF WSS coil I may let go if you don’t find the D2.

I understand the OP didn't ask for opinions on this coil and may just want one so his coil collection is complete, but I have owned several and recently sold the last one. I just never could get confident in the coils, they all seemed a bit twitchy when I turned up the sens.. My stable now includes an 8x6SEF, 10x12SEF and 5.3eclipse for my MXTPRO they all run smooth and get great depth on my PRO.
Good luck with the search, there should be some show up either on this forum or feebay........

Upon noticing the concern about the coils becoming harder to obtain I purchased (2) two today. 1.) Eclipse shooter DD. Black. 2.) White's 300 LTD. I have the one that came with it. 10" Double D. If he has anymore I will most likely buy them later. He said they were like new. The scuff plate indicates they might be new. Does anyone have any experience with these coils?
The tube does not seem to have very much on those.
I also have the Equinox 800, and I thought it would compliment the V3i.
I will never sell any of mine. I believe the V3i is worth as much today as it was new. My research reveals it is still demanding a good price?
Thanks in advance for any response.

Leatherneck,

Leatherneck.....
I have run the 4x6 shooter on several detectors and it is by far the lightest coil I have ever had on a machine. It is superb in high trash and you can get up close to metal fences, playground equip. etc. I have never found anything very deep but I am not surprised due to its size. I was happy with the coil and would buy another under the right circumstances but have since gone to the 5.3 eclipse coil for my small coil looking for a bit more depth while still maintaining a small footprint. The 4x6 runs is surgical in high trash, smooth running and handles high sensitivity settings without getting jumpy and is not much affected by emi. In fact I have never had any emi, but I am sure in the right places it could not help but pick some up. Nice coil, specialized use but should be a great addition to your stable of coils. Never used the 300mm but for open country with limited trash should be a good coil as most whiles coils are.
Good Hunting

Leatherneck.....
I have run the 4x6 shooter on several detectors and it is by far the lightest coil I have ever had on a machine. It is superb in high trash and you can get up close to metal fences, playground equip. etc. I have never found anything very deep but I am not surprised due to its size. I was happy with the coil and would buy another under the right circumstances but have since gone to the 5.3 eclipse coil for my small coil looking for a bit more depth while still maintaining a small footprint. The 4x6 runs is surgical in high trash, smooth running and handles high sensitivity settings without getting jumpy and is not much affected by emi. In fact I have never had any emi, but I am sure in the right places it could not help but pick some up. Nice coil, specialized use but should be a great addition to your stable of coils. Never used the 300mm but for open country with limited trash should be a good coil as most whiles coils are.
Good Hunting
Thank you for all the information. I will test them out today! The only way to test the coil I am aware of is run the sensitivity all the way to 15 and it does not overload then it is good. All Whites' Spectra V3i coils must have a V rating? Thanks

Leatherneck

Want to Buy the D2 coil that whites ships with the V3i Detector I have all of the rest but it would be nice to have the D2 ALSO
Don
What's wrong with this one? I just bought it. Anything I need to know?

Attachments

• 801-3238-1-600x600.jpg
    801-3238-1-600x600.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 180
I have run several and never had issue except that on my mxtpro the ones I had were a bit twitchy as the sensitivity was raised to high levels. I think its a fine coil, I just can't have em all so I let my last one go to purchase a SEF that has been the best performing coil on my pro over the years.
Good luck

Want to Buy the D2 coil that whites ships with the V3i Detector I have all of the rest but it would be nice to have the D2 ALSO
Don
This thread is about the V3i Detector.
Annetta in your post you asked: "[A]nything I need to know"?
Your picture indicates: All Pro Looking at my White's Magazine I am sure yours is not a V3i.
Recently, I watched a video, and it stated that the V3i must have a V rating.
I have looked at all of my coils, and they have the V stamped on the side where the nuts attaching coil are.
Hope this helps you with "[A]nything I need to know"?

Leatherneck

Same coil shipped with the MXT All Pro..I just sold that exact coil which was V rated.... I must have missed something as it seemed to me the OP asked about a coil that shipped with a V3i not a V3i. Not that it matters much I guess, but even the V rated coils have specific issues not just related to which machine they are on, such as EMI..... as few of us whites users as there are still participating in this forum it doesn't seem important to me to get hung up on perceptions of how questions are getting answered. There are few places left on the internet where Whites users even gather anymore. And as a matter of record, I have owned a V3i in the past and my comments on coils are based on experience with both models of the MXT as well as V3i. Not trying to offend, but every machine reacts differently even to the same coil when put on two different machines so there really is no real answer to the question, only information to be shared. My bad if I was hijacking the thread....

My White's Metal Detectors 2018 Product Catalog indicates the 10" Double DD 801-3264 is compatible with the White's Spectra V3i, and the MXT All Pro.
This is the 10" Double DD coil that came in the box with the detector.

My research does not show the MXT All Pro is compatible with the White's Spectra V3i.

I have run several and never had issue except that on my mxtpro the ones I had were a bit twitchy as the sensitivity was raised to high levels. I think its a fine coil, I just can't have em all so I let my last one go to purchase a SEF that has been the best performing coil on my pro over the years.
Good luck

Same coil shipped with the MXT All Pro..I just sold that exact coil which was V rated.... I must have missed something as it seemed to me the OP asked about a coil that shipped with a V3i not a V3i. Not that it matters much I guess, but even the V rated coils have specific issues not just related to which machine they are on, such as EMI..... as few of us whites users as there are still participating in this forum it doesn't seem important to me to get hung up on perceptions of how questions are getting answered. There are few places left on the internet where Whites users even gather anymore. And as a matter of record, I have owned a V3i in the past and my comments on coils are based on experience with both models of the MXT as well as V3i. Not trying to offend, but every machine reacts differently even to the same coil when put on two different machines so there really is no real answer to the question, only information to be shared. My bad if I was hijacking the thread....
Hopefully, this is helpful!

Leatherneck

MXT is MXT is MXT when it comes to coils.

MXT/M6/DFX/V3/VX3/V3i coils are interchangeable among each other.

The 10" DD coil picture is of the original foam filled coil. They put out a better one in later years.

HH
Mike

Last edited:
In my 2018 product catalog it lists the Search Coils on page 30.
All of the coils listed are for: Eclipse (VX3, v31, MXT ALL PRO, M6, DFX, MX5, MXT)
The only 10" Double D coil listed is the one that comes with the White's Spectra V3i.
And, it is the one I have, and it is pictured on the box I have.
The coil is for the V3i, and it will obviously work with the MXT ALL PRO.
The one pictured obviously will not work on the V3i!
Self-explanatory: The V31 has multifunction. That coil listed will work with the V31, and the MXT ALL PRO.
The one pictured is for the MXT ALL PRO. The MXT ALL PRO only has one freq./kHz
If any research reveals that the one pictured will work with the V3i please advise.

Leatherneck

MXT is MXT is MXT when it comes to coils.

MXT/M6/DFX/V3/VX3/V3i coils are interchangeable among each other.

The 10" DD coil picture is of the original foam filled coil. They put out a better one in later years.

HH
Mike
Yes and no. If you want to use a coil on the Spectra Series it has to be deep nulled (V-rated). If not you cann't run it at full throttle on the Spectras whereas on the other detectors which use these coils you can. And a "V" stamped coil does not mean it is deep nulled for ever. The condition can change. A coil which isn't good anymore for usage on a Spectra can be used i.e. on a MXT without any loss. And... in the past some stacks of coils were stamped with a "V" because the letter was in the row to be used for batch-marking, and not for the fact those were deep nulled coils; "V-rated" became popular when whites run into trouble with the deep-null for Spectras.

Addition: Some of the 12 inch concentric were stamped accidentally "SS", but are still V-rated and compatible with the Spectra-Series.