Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wytheville, Va. A True Honor to Family

MGillmanCSA

I am in my first civil war reenactment tomorrow portraying the 4th Va. Co. A "The Wythe Greys" later becoming a part of the "Stonewall" Brigade or Virginia's First Brigade. I will be recreating the enlistment of men from Wythe County with a few others and the joining the ranks in the drills now here is the cool part. My 2nd Great Grandfather Michael Gillman enlisted in this company in 1862 now 150 years later, I Michael Gillman cause I was named after my 2nd Great Grandfather will get recreate his enlistment with the same name joining the ranks. A true honor to me and my family. I said all this to say that I am gonna speak with some men who knows where there possibly be some good digging for my Virginia Button. I am a bit more of an historian then a digger but I'm learning.

Sounds really cool. Have fun and hope you find some good places to dig. Maybe you'll run into other folks who had relatives in the same unit and be able to share some history with each other.