Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-Terra 30

LD in KS

Hello everyone,
I have some questions concerning the X-Terra machines. I see a lot of posts about the X-50, but very little concerning the X-30. Would be very interested in some test results.
Not counting the coil frequency option and the manual GB feature, is the additional segments that are listed for the X-50 worth the additional money? How is the depth comparison?
I live in SE Kansas and have used a Fisher, a Garrett and I presently use a Sovereign XS2-Pro. In my area, GB doesn't seem to be a problem. I usually search for coins and relics.
I'm going to buy one or the other, just wondering if the extra features of the X-50 are worth the additional money?
Thanks for any help I can get.......LD

LD,

I find up here in ND the depth of the 30 and the 50 about the same when you have the 50 ground balanced. I find that the number on the 50 go by every 3 numbers while the 30 it goes by every 4 numbers. This makes the 50 a little more accurate i feel on IDing. Both seem to ID iron with a high tone and the numbers that same as a half dollar, but may bounce around a little.
If you don't need the ground balance as you have good soil, or you don't need to run the higher freq coil the 30 will do just as good as the 50 will.