Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

x terra 50 on the beach

Kirk

Has anyone tested this unit on the beach, I live near a beach that contains alot of black sand and would like to have some idea how this detector would hold up.

As much as many of you might want the X-Terra line to be an Explorer III, remember that was never the intended market it was designed to fill. The X-Terra is a single frequency VLF detector that utilizes enhanced digital processing and provides the capability to operate at different frequencies with different coils but it is still a single frequency detector.

Bill P. from Southern California posted his experiences with the X-50 on the beaches near his house (see post on this forum) and he was able to hunt with the sensivity at max (20) in the dry sand and as high as "14" in the wet sand / surf line with good results.

I have used the X-50 on the beaches near Charleston, SC which are filled with black sand and hunting the wet sand area did result in a bit of chatter (as seen on most VLF units). The latest version (production model) was noticeably better in this area of the beach but again, it is no Excalibur, Sovereign, Quattro or Explorer. The Double-D coil should improve performance in the wet black sand based on how Double-D or Wide Scan coils perform on the saltwater beaches with black sand on them.

Hope this answers your question

===================

Andy

n/t

Thanks for the information. Guess I will keep on saving up my pennies, literally, until I can get an Excaliber.