Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

X-terra 705 depth meter

u2robert

How accurate is the depth meter on the Xterra 705? seems the arrows with get stuck or just keep reading 5 arrows or 3 arrows even when I know the target is deeper in my test garden.

The arrows are just an indicator and from my understanding if five arrows are highlighted the target is 10 inches or deeper myself I never use the depth meter on my 705 I just dig till I find my target thats where a good pin pointer comes in

From what I can tell so far is that the 705 set-up with sensitivity, volume, threshold, noise canceling and ground balance all have to be set right to get the best performance. First thing I did was a FP. MFP and PFP. 1 thing I can say so far is it get pretty good depth in my neutral Florida soil.

It's all relative to a number of factors, so it's not a specific indication at all. Coil frequency, coil height above the ground, and specific mineralization of the soil you're hunting are all things that will affect it.

Roger That LH, I also found out that all the setting must complement each other.
This is my set-up in neutral Florida soil. using the standard 9" concentric coil
Mode 1
Volume 20,
sensitivity 25-30
threshold 2 (I can only set threshold on 2 using my Prostar headphones any other phones around 7-9)
Headphone volume full blast
4-tone
Noise cancel
Auto Ground balance

Side notes: lower rods at nut to small for coils gaps between ears tried my Nokta Fors Relic lower rod perfect fit a little hard to get in the middle rod but will fit no wobble
with these setting i can hit everything in my test garden 12" quarter 9" clad dime loud and clear
This is the first X-terra i have used begining to like it and I like the idea about differant coils different frequncey's

will take it for a test drive in real world conditions soon