Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

x-terra in Oz. First impressions.

Mick in Dubbo

Hi all.First off, I'd just like to say thanks to all who have contributed to this forum so far.I have found the information very usefull.
I recieved my xt30 last week; finally got out with on Friday (R.D.O) for about 4hrs.This has been the best machine I have used to date!(so far had about 100hrs on a tracker4 and about 10hrs on an early model sov.)I have found the pinpoint mode to be it's biggest asset,as this is something that I have really been strugling with.not only does it tell you exactly where the target is; it also allows you to trace around the shape of it(non motion).this can be of help in IDing the target.The other good thing about the pinpiont is that as you centre the target, it lets out a constant sound that both climbs in pitch and volume as the target is centred(equals size of target).This means,that if it sings too loud you know i'ts a bottle top.
On the down side(here in Oz anyway) is the disrimnation.Pre-decimal coins arn't to bad as their mosty high end sounds(half pennies are notched out on fatory presets).However all modern coins are all mid range sounds and all have a lot of junk on the same numbers.i.e $1 and $2 cions fluctuate between 28 and 32.end result, if you want them you did alot of junk.Gold soveriegns fluctuate between 24 and 28.
As far as some people have comented on the detector being too long, I have had no problems(I'm 5:6).
over all I'm finding this detector very easy to use and have no hestation in recomending it as an easy to learn detector that makes it fun to use.
Cheers.