Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xlt 6.59 coil use

A

Anonymous

I have an older white's coil from a coinmaster unit that I tried on my XLT. It worked as far as its ability to detect, but it didn't have any groung penetration at all (a dime 1" ) If both the xlt and the coil are tuned to 6.59 why would I be having this problem?

Could the Pre-Amp (or rather the lack of one in your older coil) be the problem ?

Ok, so there is a pre-amp circuit in the new coil, and the older coil is just a tuned loop? Intertesting. Thanks for answering