Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus and American relics (Civil War)

Kevin B.

I have a three ringer buried at 7 inches, one at 8 inches, and one at 9 inches, and one at 10. I have a coat-sized Union Eagle I button buried at 7.5 inches. My Deus, which by the way I like better than any detector that I have had due to it's separation ability, hit's on the big 58 cal bullets fairly good depending on the settings. If I back away from each bullet and walk towards it swinging, I somtimes wonder if I would dig it. This is due to the fact that they are buried in a portion of my yard that was not sterilized. I did that on purpose to sort of re-create real world conditions. And while I am swinging and easing toward the target (that I already KNOW is there) there are other bleeps that sound like the bleep coming from the bullet....even the 7 inch one. BUT......if I isolate the bullet and make small 2 to 3 inch swings across it, of course I can detect it and the Deus has no problem picking it up. I am talking about the 9 and 10 inch ones too. But I have discovered that I could easily pass over good targets in the field if I go to fast. AND I GO TO FAST!!!! That's for sure. If I am calm and focused when I am swing my detector at an old homesite, I WILL find stuff. Good stuff and bad stuff. BUT, if I try to cover alot of ground so that I can hurry up and hit a good signal......all I will finf is big iron, bottlecaps, and sqashed aluminum cans (hor do those things get so deep?!)
The Brass button is a different story. With a normal swing speed, and I have slowed it down during the test, my Deus will not give a solid lock on that button!!! But because I already know where it is, I can find it. If that button similarly buried in the field, without my knowledge of where it was, I would VERY likely miss it. Maybe I need to try and formulate a program that will hit harder on brass!!! I have it buried face up too!! It should rattle my headphones. There MAY be a sliver of iron trash right over it....I don't know. I will re-bury it and see what the maximum depth of detection is. Oh....when I swing right over it in very small swings, it will give a beep with each swing and give a TDI of 92 (in the 70's if not in dirt).
Now to my question: Do any of you Deus users who detect Civil War relics have a favorite program???? Maybe one that you have devised that you would care to share with me? I'd be much obliged. Thanks. Kevin