Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus and King George

WoofWoof

I live in the middle of an area known for Civil War history (near Gettysburg). I'm always telling people don't forget or colonial heritage here. Yesterday my XP Deus and I hit a well hunted field and I got a 1740's King George II coin!!!!!

That is one of the reasons we do what we do. The unexpected finds are some of the best. Congrats. Lots of history there.

Awsome! I got one of those in a spot that has been hammered for many years by many many people! I was in shock when I got it home and identifyed it,congrads!

Nice detail on that kg, Ive only found 2 here in Mi, and they were both well worn. If I lived over your way Id have trouble sleeping lol

Nice find! I'm still ramping up and learning my Deus. Would you mind sharing your settings and the environmental conditions that resulted in that beauty? How did it come in and what did you hear?

Much appreciated,
Rich

No problem. I'm also still learning this machine and at times have almost given up on it but then I find goodies and realize how good the Deus is:

I was hunting a farm field that has tall grass clumps so switched to PF program. The coil was at least 6" above the ground due to the grass but it rang out at a solid 72 (I think). The coin was another 6" deep in the ground. There is a learning curve but stick with it and hopefully Andy will help with his book soon.

I realize now that I need a clarification of what my setting was.
I call it my farm field program, its Goldmaxx Power, reactivity 2, disc 10, 3 tones. I set the ground balance about 2 numbers below what the pumping balance would be.
I'm now sure it rang in at 82.

Super find . . . and it's true, you never know what you might find out there . . . . tell Sam he needs to spend more time hunting and less time teaching :cheers:

I'm glad to see a post where the settings rather than the program name are the focus . . . . in the book I cover that point and cringe when I see people saying to use a specific program without discussing why specific aspects / settings in a particular program are preferred. The recent post on what program to use in a Colonial field with the resulting answers listing programs rather than explaining settings is a classic example.

The predefined programs were well tested before release but they are starting points - and since they were developed outside of the US, there are challenges we face here that are not prevelant elsewhere - the Deus can address them as long as one understands what feature and what setting will do that.

Again, great find . . . . did anything else pre-Civil War show up from the area? Might have a structure / dwelling that predates that war by 100+ years in the area.

Andy Sabisch