Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus Decisions

I have the WS4s and have been quite happy. I have the larger full size headphones on my V3i and CTX3030 and in a lot of ways I prefer the much smaller WS4s to the full size phones. Just my two cents.

Robert

I think the WS4 back phones , because the WS5 is fine enough except for the ear cups which are very likely to wear out in a short time like the Koss do, same type of material I think, very soft and if you have stubble on your face it might wear down the fabric . The sounds are sharper on the WS4 but if in windy conditions you will need to ware a hat to cover your ears so you can hear targets better. The WS4 have a new headset skeleton now and are much better than the original . I have all the types and the best are the back phones WS4 . That's what I think.

I prefer the WS 4... But in Very windy conditions I made some spare Headphones with the XP deus Jack adaptor ... Easy to swap over. See picture.

My Deus came with the W4 phones. I haven't tried the other, but I can say I like the W4"s because they fit my head well, they are comfortable,(with or without a hat) and also I hunt alone most of the time and they allow me to still hear outside noise. I like the fact that they sit on the back of my head and not on top.

I have the WS-5 phones, and while they get the job done quite well, they don't like to stay on my head unless I have a sockcap on which is no problem in these winter months, but when it gets warmer it may be an issue. I have a rather large head, and I wonder how well they would stay on someone with a smaller noggin...

Since I bought my Deus a couple weeks ago, I have been using it in colder environments, usually at night in my own neighborhood; where the temperatures have ranged from 25-45*F. The WS-5 phones have very little insulative qualities and it seems like Im not able to adjust the tension on the headband, but knowing me it's something simple I'm overlooking :rolleyes: I've used it in a drizzling rain for about 3 hours solid...when I took them off at the end of the hunt the phones were drenched and I had no idea since I had about 3 layers of clothes on!!! It made no difference in performance and they still work perfectly

All in all, I'm pleased with the whole Deus setup, but a valid gripe I have is that when I bend down to retrieve a target, sometimes the phones want to fly forward off my head. Other than that, until I get a control box...I'm very happy with everything so far

I hunt in the woods and heavy brush quite often usually alone I love the backphones they are light and comfortable I have not yet had them pull off by a branch or bramble. Now if I could figure out how to keep the cobwebs out of my face. lol

I too have both and they have their place. In the summer heat the ws4's shine. The ws5's are very comfortable and do not hurt your ears but desperately need a back strap or heavier spring strap to hold them on when you bend over to dig... they simply slide off my head. For the money, I would hope Alain will address this in the future and if not, oh well.

I prefer the XP DEUS WS-4 version myself. They are light and you can still hear people walking up on you! Holler if you have questions or want a super deal. Be sure to mention the forum! ;)

I had an issue with my WS5 (one speaker failed partially) and sent it to repair to France. They did not only replace the faulty speaker, but after my complaint also the upper part of the headphone, so that it is now adapted perfectly to my head. (Excellent customer service shown.)
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

I had to mod mine a little but I do really like them.

I fitted a strip of hook and claw adhesive tape inside the head-band and the mating tape opposite side to my wooly hat and they now stay in place.

I also taped the earcup pads to stop me knocking them off and having to fiddle with cold hands to replace them.

I do like the sound which is perfect for my very old eardrums. :)

A very Happy New Year to you all with full pouches. Jerry.