Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus depth reading

DirtAngler

What relationship are you finding as far as depth and what the horseshoe shows? In other words, when the horseshoe shows half, what depth do you find the target? Same way with just a sliver showing, how deep does that usually relate to actual depth on coins?

Not that accurate, I have found the size of the target seems to affect the horseshoe depth reading.

cadman_us said:
Not that accurate, I have found the size of the target seems to affect the horseshoe depth reading.

I agree, size matters. Small targets close to the surface show deep and large deep targets show shallow.I think the depth meter is set to measure accurately for coin size objects only.

That is true for all detectors. I am referring to coins and how depth in inches relates to what the horseshoe shows. Example : Is 1/2 on the horseshoe = to 5"? 4"?, from your field hunts.

Seems to me that on coin sized objects the Horseshoe is about a 10 inch measurement so half being 5 inches or so. I dug an 8 inch silver quarter that was showing black at the very top of the horseshoe so that's what I use as an estimate. I agree that the size of the object has a great effect on the ratio.

By definition, the horseshoe is simply a signal strength indicator, where depth could be assumed from indicated signal strength, but in doing so, size of target would definitely be a input variable in which would be needed to help enable a more accurate depth assumption. Horseshoe tip may only be highlighted, but that could mean a huge object extremely deep, or an extremely small object just under the surface. Or...it might be a large coin on edge at medium depth, etc.

Not really what you were directly asking, but best I could contribute.

Randy

Dirt it is all relative to the size of the target. Dime with show different than a quarter every time. You can learn much more about the target and its depth by the audio and how big the footprint of the target is. A dime will give a very small footprint and be a soft repeatable target even at depth.

I don't rely on the horseshoe much.

I have come to like the horseshoe.I find it to be consistent for the area. Half a horseshoe is close to the same depth all day, but in another area it might be a bit deeper or shallower but still consistent.