Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP DEUS Finds barber dime 1902s

ironarmknives

So i went to this lot to sell my bmw motorcycle right out side of town lots of traffic but because everybody want to crawl on the bike i stay with it ..so instead of just sitting there i took the deus to kill time its a two hundred year old town so maybe something has happened there…. second hit of the day i get a dime reading dirt is rock hard so i break the crust and recheck for location of dime its in the crust great start cleaning the dirt off and its a dime I've never seen before I'm thinking mexican ,british etc… look closer and it says united states so cool i stick it in my mouth clean the dirt off and HOLLY **** !!!!! its a barber dime 1902s and look like in great shape…..look on the phone and i read "1902s is rarer than all of them Holly mother of something …. what have i found and how do i have it cleaned and is it worth having it graded and by whom …is it a $11.00 dollar dime or 1000.00 or 5000.00 what do u experts think...

Values range from $4 to over $1100 in perfect condition. Yours looks pretty good but remember, no matter how nice, dug coins just don't bring in the better prices. Don't be disappointed by a dealers low ball offer, if I were you I'd just keep it. Your first of something is always a good thing to keep.
Congrats

Nice hit on that Barber!

Coin dealers will almost always want to lowball you, and many times they will try to give you a reason why they will only give 15-40% of the fair market value. If you REALLY want to sell it, put it on Ebay with some detailed pics - this way you will get 75-100% of the fair market value, 98 times out of 100.

I kept all my better coins from 2014 and sold them at the beginning of 2015 - but everyone is a little different! Great score though!

Great advice! Cool write up on the backstory too! How many of us have popped a coin in their mouth even though our Mommas told us not to! That one looks really crisp...you should be able to pay off your rig with that one! Let us know...:thumbup:
Mud

I keep all my old coins. I only sell other stuff found. I only like coin related items and a few other items. I sell the rest.
A coin found would never be sold. It is just my OCD.

LOL got more minerals from the dirt than i ve eaten in the last month one of the problems with kids these days they don't play in the mudd and dirt LOL and as for $40.00 for the coin i like to think of it as a 250-500 coin but what do i know just having fun i can't even get it graded for 40.00 at least i can put it be low my signature a rare find for sure …..