Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus Underwater??

pine3874

Can one use the XP with the coil submerged in 5 ft. of water? I read somewhere that a special antenna is needed. Does one have to make the antenna or can it be bought? Anyone having the answers to these questions please post links to how this is done. Thanks

leslie said:
See Andys Water Hunting Mod on this forum, it may be of some help to you.

Thank you. Too bad Deus didn't think of a wireless solution to this problem when they developed the detector. Using this mod the XP Deus really isn't a wireless detector anymore when used in the water.

After following the instruction of how to build an antenna (Andys Water Hunting Mod) you may also want to purchase a waterproof Ipod case with a waterproof earbud port and waterproof earbuds so your head can go under the water.
i don't think I would take the chance of anything deep, mainly wading.

I agree with H D not designed as a deep water machine, but the most versatile land machine

I have ever used :thumbup:

Les :ukflag:

pine3874 said:
leslie said:
See Andys Water Hunting Mod on this forum, it may be of some help to you.

Thank you. Too bad Deus didn't think of a wireless solution to this problem when they developed the detector. Using this mod the XP Deus really isn't a wireless detector anymore when used in the water.

??????????? Tell me how you can get a signal to transmit through water without a wire>:shocked: Jerry.

ELF, e.g., Gertrude?

[g]

/guy

[/quote]??????????? Tell me how you can get a signal to transmit through water without a wire>:shocked: Jerry.[/quote]

That was exactly my question and has now been answered. The XP is a wireless land machine and that is what it was developed to do. To use it in the water, modifications have to be done.

I got a chance to run Terry(Mi)'s water modded XP Deus last summer in the Lake MI....it worked great!! Gonna mod mine and play in the water this summer.