Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus Version 3.0

Suarezessi

Hi all,

I recently made an enquiry to XP about a potential successor to the Deus.

I received my reply today and they confirmed that there won't be a new machine released "in the coming months", but the version 3.0 update will be made available "at the end of the year".

After further pressing regarding the "coming months", they simply replied it won't be this year.

I'm not sure if that is common knowledge or not, but for those who didn't know, you do now.

My enquiry was based on the idea that they would be working on tweaking the current design, I'm in the market for a Deus and wanted to know whether it's worth waiting for any successor or buy one now.

hi Suarezess
it wont be a successor to the deus but an added update within it n knowing xp i would imagine it will be one or more pretty precise research extras to be used in or for certain situations :) if your interested in this machine its well worth getiting it know as the more time you spend with it the more you will understand it n feel more n more confident on your sites n then understand the other things it has and can help with site potentials
tbh im not sure realy how much more they need to tweak on the current design? the more things added to a machine the more there seems to be even more questions n maybes lost in tintanet space time lol

Hi Ananda,

I was just wondering whether they'd be looking to tweak things like battery life, maybe even compete with the new CTX and add a colour screen and GPS.

I'm really interested in the Deus, I'm selling my etrac as I just cant get on with it. The XP definitely ticks more boxes for me, hopefully any update will have improved beach performance, I find the etrac is very good on the beach.

I'm hoping that once I get one, I can hook up with another Deus user who could help me get the best out of it. Most people on here are based in the states I guess, I'm in the UK.

I did reply to XP asking what kind of things the version 3.0 update will improve/include, if I get an answer I'll post it here.

hi
tbh the battery life is realy good considering its all wireless but the coils run down quicker than the phones n box,summin tlike 12-15hrs on coils n tbh i genaraly stick anything back on charge when the things need it ,i started panikin abit when it showed 1 last segment left for the coil when out n about but surprisingly this will still go on for a good few hours basicly till your arm starts falling of lol ,im afraid i cant help you with beach performance but xp,s from what i have seen on french forums over the years work deep in dry sand n the deus within the wet sand program seems stable n works fine for many in europe i think its down to setting it up right to start with n if no falsing push a bit more for even better depth
if you live in the uk theres alot of info on the deus n alot from old hats that seem happy as lary wit it :) same in france
as for a colour screen i have know idea why it would need one? n gps! maybe if your someone that is not into maps n oriantation it might help but tbh the land you detect is what you know and have made the effort to find so one will always go back on it and becomes apart of you n your efforts :)
theres only one way to get the best out of an xp and that is use it yourself
:thumbup:

Suarezessi said:
Hi Ananda,

I was just wondering whether they'd be looking to tweak things like battery life, maybe even compete with the new CTX and add a colour screen and GPS.

I'm really interested in the Deus, I'm selling my etrac as I just cant get on with it. The XP definitely ticks more boxes for me, hopefully any update will have improved beach performance, I find the etrac is very good on the beach.

I'm hoping that once I get one, I can hook up with another Deus user who could help me get the best out of it. Most people on here are based in the states I guess, I'm in the UK.

I did reply to XP asking what kind of things the version 3.0 update will improve/include, if I get an answer I'll post it here.

You want info from a UK user on the Deus? Heh watch Peacehaven's videos on Youtube and sweet talk him for secrets. The man is a Deus king.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PeaceHavens/videos

there is a UK xp deus owners forum run by nigel a main dealer in the UK.
its been discussing topics for years so there is a search you can do on any topic concerning the deus.
its all been discussed over and over ...
there wont be a color screen cos its not needed as it uses up more power and deadens the batts .

v3 ? theres more than enough to keep u busy with v2 in its present form

Thanks for the info guys.

Really helpful for me and I will indeed do a search on the above sources you've recommended.

I'm not sure what the V3.0 will have as unsurprisingly XP didn't reply with that info.

It's definitely coming out at the end of the year, that part they did confirm.