Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP DEUS vs Minelab's CTX3030

Pondmn

Check out Minelab's website for information on their newest detector the CTX 3030 that is similar to the XP Deus. It is totally waterproof and has some gps capabilities. It will be coming out on May 28th. No price was listed.

With that kind of money, it better bake cookies and make some coffee with it. It's just made the Xp Deus sound affordable!!

Seems like Minelab learned a lesson about going wireless - even though with the standalone transmitter on the belt it's a step closer to Deus. I own both, Minelab's E-Trac and Deus, use them like 50/50 and each of them has it's pros and cons - I love the "weight" of Deus (it looks like CTX3030 will go the other way - looks more heavier than E-Trac to me) and it's all-wireless, but I'm missing FE-CO VID that I have on E-Trac...

Where do you guys see wireless detection? I can only see "wireless audio" and there is a cable going out of the coil in the video.

New Minelab=5#3oz (start pumping iron if you jump on the bandwagon and buy one)
XP Deus=2#4oz

The Deus is LESS THAN HALF THE WEIGHT!!!

Those aussies dont have a clue about reducing weight and ergonomics .

I can't believe they made a detector heavier than the E-Trac. That kills it right there for me. What a letdown.

I'll wait to buy one used. The weight and even higher cost kills it for me. I thought it was a stretch getting the Deus and now my CC is crying, no mas, no mas!! No More.....I have enough detectors.

earthmansurfer said:
I can't believe they made a detector heavier than the E-Trac. That kills it right there for me. What a letdown.

Well I guess if you are swimming underwater it will weight nothing at all.:rofl:

Funny, in Germany a new E-Trac is around 1450 Euros. The new CTX3030 (without wireless receiver) will be around 1750 Euro. Only 300 more...

After speaking to bfodness he said judging by the design and battery placement the weight will be neutralized due to perfect balance. We will see, 5 pounds isn't a lot, but neither is an E-Trac and that hurts after hours. If it is indeed balanced nice, then those who left the E-Trac might come back.

Guy's the other detector is NEW and I remember when the "D" was new too. Please let's not get into this here either. The price is not out the UK either.....

earthmansurfer said:
Funny, in Germany a new E-Trac is around 1450 Euros. The new CTX3030 (without wireless receiver) will be around 1750 Euro. Only 300 more...

After speaking to bfodness he said judging by the design and battery placement the weight will be neutralized due to perfect balance. We will see, 5 pounds isn't a lot, but neither is an E-Trac and that hurts after hours. If it is indeed balanced nice, then those who left the E-Trac might come back.

Weight is weight. I suppose Minelab could make a 10 pound detector and say you won't notice it because it is "perfectly balanced." How much better it would be if it only weighed 3 pounds and was perfectly balanced. Then you have something there.

I'm waiting like everyone else to see the specs and price on this new machine. With the Deus and E-Trac, I have all of my land detecting needs covered. I will be most interested to see what the new CTX3030 capabilities are for hunting fresh and salt water beaches. I held off buying a new water machine to see if anything new would came out this year from the makers of the 3 machines that I am most interested in. If the cost is comparable, I may be adding this one to my herd.

Fisher
CZ-21
$1,160.00

Minelab:
Excalibur II
$1,349.00

Garrett:
Infinium LS
$1,062.50

ramer said:
earthmansurfer said:

Weight is weight. I suppose Minelab could make a 10 pound detector and say you won't notice it because it is "perfectly balanced." How much better it would be if it only weighed 3 pounds and was perfectly balanced. Then you have something there.

I somewhat disagree with you. For sure weight is weight but there is that bell curve of what range is acceptable and optimal. E.g. Imagine you have a 2lb detector poorly balanced, a 5lb detector perfectly balanced and a 10lb detector perfectly balanced. The 2lb detector could feel roughly like the 5lber (depending on how you hunt, swing, etc.). But, with the 10lb detector you have passed the point on the bell curve. Now you are talking muscle strength to move it and lift it, no way around that. I don't know where that bell curve optimal point is and it is relative to a persons size, strength and injuries, etc. I would imagine though that 5lbs for some people could just be too much. A water machine needs that extra weight, so I am pretty sure the weight of the CTX is not due just to the batteries but was sort of built into the machine. Too bad they don't have a lower model that was a bit lighter. I'd much rather have a perfectly balanced 3lb machine...