Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP ORX or NOX800

REDOC

Ok getting ready to pull the trigger this weekend. Going Nox800 for the waterproof and seeing it on SMALL gold. But what about the ORX with its"waterproof" kit, quick coil change out and it's higher frequencies? I think I know the answer.

That’s a tough one and since I couldn’t decide which I wanted more
I got both! Only my Nox is the 600 model. I think these Detectors compliment
each other well. Good luck with your choice you can’t be wrong.

Equinox 800 all the way and never look back.....I have thousands of hours on a Deus.....

calabash digger said:
Equinox 800 all the way and never look back.....I have thousands of hours on a Deus.....

I'm not so sure about that one ?
The Deus isn't quite like the ORX , if he is using it on the beach then i say the Nox . But if using for Gold prospecting for small nuggets i am leaning towards the ORX . It has much higher frequencies .
I have both machines and early next year i am going to OZ for a few weeks holiday and i am in a mind to take the ORX instead of the Nox . But then i want to hit the beach too , I cant take both so eeerr??
Both those machines do compliment each other but they can get in each others way if wanting to decide on use .

Calabash, Are you saying the NOX is better than the Deus? I though you would never give up your Deus. OR is the NOX just better on gold? I love my XP Deus, I have never tried a NOX. I might just need to sell one of my detectors and get a NOX. flintstone

I find them about equal except if you are jewelry hunting. The Orx wins at jewelry hunting in Gold 1 and 2.

I have both and am leaning more and more to the Orx. It doesn't false like the Equinox. I buried a .89 gram 14k gold ring at 12" in sand. The Orx hit it loud in Gold 1 with coil raised 3". Gold 2 hit it also with a slightly softer tone. Equinox got no hit in Gold 1 w/ sensitivity 24, 2 tone, Break at -1, recovery 4, F2 0 iron. Gold Kruzer w/ 9.5x5 dd coil got a tick on the ring.

Forgot to say the waterproof kit for the Orx works great. I wear thin & neoprene waders and put the waterproof Orx in the inside pocket of the waders with cord needed to make it work. Never had a problem with it.

I have the 800 and the regular Deus, They both have there places in my arsenal.
I would never give up my Deus as it is so light and found me so much even my first gold ring.
The Equinox is hard to beat also, Multi IQ, Water proof.
Can't go wrong with either one that your looking at good luck.

calabash digger said:

Just rewatched a depth test of the ORX in your test garden. (0lder test comparison between the CZ 5, Minelab 705 and the ORX).

Seems like the ORX was giving equal if not better responses to the deep targets as did the Nox in your latest comparison of the Nox and the Garrett AT-Pro.

Maybe a head to head between the ORX (Deus) and the Nox.. in your test garden would be very interesting.

Not pulling for one or the other as I own and use both.

Thanks,

GeoW

If I could only afford one detector it would be the Equinox because I can do so many things with it. ORX has no iron volume so that takes away from it for me as a relic machine.. I use my Deus in certain relic hunting situations. The thickest machine gun iron...The rest of the time the Equinox gets the Nod. The audio is a big draw on the Equinox for me it is stable and I can dig deeper targets better with it. imo Between the ORX and Equinox if I could only have one it would be the Nox every time…. Is the ORX good ?? Yes it is …..BUT for the money your getting way more features in the Equinox.

Rick said:
I find them about equal except if you are jewelry hunting. The Orx wins at jewelry hunting in Gold 1 and 2.

I have both and am leaning more and more to the Orx. It doesn't false like the Equinox. I buried a .89 gram 14k gold ring at 12" in sand. The Orx hit it loud in Gold 1 with coil raised 3". Gold 2 hit it also with a slightly softer tone. Equinox got no hit in Gold 1 w/ sensitivity 24, 2 tone, Break at -1, recovery 4, F2 0 iron. Gold Kruzer w/ 9.5x5 dd coil got a tick on the ring.

Rick...is your decimal point in the right place? “.89”? Is it supposed to be 8.9?

I have to agree. I don't own the ORX but I do use the Deus. My testing between the two, the Deus & NOX 800 shows the Deus has a better VDI spread on low conductors than the 800. The opposite is true for the 800. The 800 has a wider VDI spread on high conductors that the Deus. For example, a small open 14k gold earring gives me a 3 on the Deus and a 7 on a 14k pendent. On the same two items the 800 gives a 1 on the earring and a 1 on the pendent.

-- moved topic --