Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP WSAII XL vs. backphones

Kapok

Had the D1 for about 5 years and D2 since shortly after it was released. I’ve always used the backphones but am considering the WSA II XL. I remember trying the Quest phones for the D1 and just didn’t like the sound. I’ve always preferred the crisp sound and lightweight of the backphones. Anyone have experience with both?

Have the XLs as prefer full cup phones, only settings I had to change to get the sharpness was on the graphic equaliser, last 2 sliders on left up to top.

Yes, I’ve used the WS6 and WSA2XL. The bigger phones to me are superior by quite a ways, and being able to hear EVERYTHING in the audio is paramount! I can recommend the bigger headphones completely.

I definitely prefer the WSAII XL's because they sound good and block out ambient noise. My favorite feature though is that they are water proof to 1M, so rain hunts are worry free!

Comfort matters alot for some people.
In colder climates the big ones keep your ears warm. Unfortunately around the beach here during the summer months extremely humid and the heat index is in the 100’s. Nothing like sweat pouring out from your headphones
Not sure of your climate while you hunt but wouldn’t hurt to have a pair for cold days and a pair for hot days

Definitely need them for beach hunting. The fact they are waterproof is an added bonus !!!

I always worried when caught in the rain with the backphones.

Very comfortable and I never loose my baseball cap now !!! :) :) :)

HH
Donna(NJ)

Comfort matters alot for some people.
In colder climates the big ones keep your ears warm. Unfortunately around the beach here during the summer months extremely humid and the heat index is in the 100’s. Nothing like sweat pouring out from your headphones
Not sure of your climate while you hunt but wouldn’t hurt to have a pair for cold days and a pair for hot days
That is a good point, and that goes for all aspects of the hobby as well. We can only speak from our own POV which may or may not be someone else’s! Right now it’s 40 degrees here in Wisconsin and 40 mph gusts, and I’m heading out to hunt! Someone in the south might not exactly find that to be much fun…

That is a good point, and that goes for all aspects of the hobby as well. We can only speak from our own POV which may or may not be someone else’s! Right now it’s 40 degrees here in Wisconsin and 40 mph gusts, and I’m heading out to hunt! Someone in the south might not exactly find that to be much fun…
Not really lol.
As 100 degrees isn’t fun for some as well
This weeks forecast without the heat index

Attachments

• IMG_2783.jpeg
    IMG_2783.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 63
I bought a pair of the WSA II XL phones, so thanks all for the input. And I’ll always have my back phones for hot days. Be a while before that comes here in Michigan.

Had the D1 for about 5 years and D2 since shortly after it was released. I’ve always used the backphones but am considering the WSA II XL. I remember trying the Quest phones for the D1 and just didn’t like the sound. I’ve always preferred the crisp sound and lightweight of the backphones. Anyone have experience with both?
I really like the Vance Muffs. I used them on my D1 and now using them on my D2. Very crip, clear tones.