Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XS coil vs EX II coil

K4INC

Is there a difference in the stock coil on the XS vs the Explorer II?
They both measure the same size. ( 10.5")

Yes the two coils are different but you can't see this from the outside. These coils are constructed with an inner coil suspended on foam pads, enclosed in an outer plastic clamshell housing. Internally Minelab did change the geometry of the coil windings, specifically how they overlap, the overlap is more even front to rear on the XS II vs the XS, on the XS the winding overlap is fatter towards the rear and more narrow towards the front. Given a choice I'd chose the XS II coil which I think would give more consistent performance front to rear vs the XS which has kind of a sweet spot but which can make pinpointing a bit more difficult. Overall the difference is not that great however. That said, just buy an SE Pro coil the most awesome coil they make for an Explorer.

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
Yes the two coils are different but you can't see this from the outside. These coils are constructed with an inner coil suspended on foam pads, enclosed in an outer plastic clamshell housing. Internally Minelab did change the geometry of the coil windings, specifically how they overlap, the overlap is more even front to rear on the XS II vs the XS, on the XS the winding overlap is fatter towards the rear and more narrow towards the front. Given a choice I'd chose the XS II coil which I think would give more consistent performance front to rear vs the XS which has kind of a sweet spot but which can make pinpointing a bit more difficult. Overall the difference is not that great however. That said, just buy an SE Pro coil the most awesome coil they make for an Explorer.

Something misleading, have opened allot xs and II coils , everything the same inside-except label on the coil xs 1000 II 1050. Just you have to remember that all this coils are hand made and some are better tuned and performs little bit better, but this difference very small. In my opinion this coils are best, just shaft connector not in center like on pro coils.

stasys said:

Something misleading, have opened allot xs and II coils , everything the same inside-except label on the coil xs 1000 II 1050. Just you have to remember that all this coils are hand made and some are better tuned and performs little bit better, but this difference very small. In my opinion this coils are best, just shaft connector not in center like on pro coils.

You better check some earlier XS coils then because they are different.

stasys said:

You better check some earlier XS coils then because they are different.

have opened Explorer S coil and tested--the same, but probably dont understand something? :rolleyes: