Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yes the G2

Digger70pa

These are from the last couple hunts with my G2. Great detector.

That's a great looking button. Can you make out the lettering on it ?

The green one is a New York staff officers cuff button. It has excelsior around the edge of it. The gold button is a staff officers cuff button. It doesn't have any writing on it. It has stars around the edge.

I found these the other day also. I tried something a little different from what I've been doing on the last couple hunts with my G2. If I got a signal that would only give a high tone one way & iron the other with no double beep I'd lower my discrimination to 0 so I could hear if it did have any double beeping. If it didn't I dug it. It turns out most of the time it was a good target at the very fringe of detection depth. It would only give good numbers sometimes only in one direction. Most of the time the other wouldn't give any or low iron numbers.

I guess it means : When in doubt dig it especially at a site like yours where good targets seems to abound.

dfmike said:
I guess it means : When in doubt dig it especially at a site like yours where good targets seems to abound.
Yes & no. I don't dig much iron at all with this detector. It seems like it doesn't see iron as well as non ferrous targets at fringe depth. I'm talking Minie ball & button sized targets. Even smaller targets. I guess by making it a one tone machine in the discriminate channel lets me hear the target quality. I also pinpiont the target for size. That's another thing I do to determine whether to dig or not.

I dig 8" to 10" deep bullets all day long with the setup I use. No questioning what's under the coil. It's past that depth that things get a little challenging. I use a 15" Nel attack coil. I do ground balance the machine often also.

Nice finds Digger, congrats.------I see you have a F-19 in your line up also.------What (if anything) is it that makes you prefer the G2 over the F-19 (or G2+)?---I'm just curious.------Thanks
Digger70pa said:
I dig 8" to 10" deep bullets all day long with the setup I use. No questioning what's under the coil. It's past that depth that things get a little challenging. I use a 15" Nel attack coil. I do ground balance the machine often also.

D&P-OR said:
Nice finds Digger, congrats.------I see you have a F-19 in your line up also.------What (if anything) is it that makes you prefer the G2 over the F-19 (or G2+)?---I'm just curious.------Thanks
Digger70pa said:
I like the pistol grip better than the S handle. That's all. I can set the F19 up the same as my G2.

These are from the last couple times out. I got the VMI button Sunday & the bullets Wednesday. I figured I'd just tack my finds on this thread & of course I was using my G2 the best relic machine on the planet lol.

Dears . Can you tell me what is the maximum depth with g2 and is it better than at pro and can you use it in the salt water and can you ignore the noise with threshold inside the salt water . Please I need your experience because I want to sell my at pro machine and try to buy g2 , regards

G2 is/was made 1st as a gold prospecting detector for smaller gold nuggets, then people started using it for other things, coin hunting etc.. not sure wet salt sand is where it shines, sure it will find shallower targets in wet salt sand , but there are many better detectors made for that purpose.

I will say for a prospecting detector its not a bad dirt coin/relic hunter.

AJ

MAKRO RACER POWER said:
Dears . Can you tell me what is the maximum depth with g2 and is it better than at pro and can you use it in the salt water and can you ignore the noise with threshold inside the salt water . Please I need your experience because I want to sell my at pro machine and try to buy g2 , regards
I don't hunt salt water buddy. I do hunt some challenging ground though. The G2 is the best relic machine I've ever used.

I bought my Gold Bug Pro DP because of its ability to ground balance in salt water and salt marches and wet salt sand beaches and it does excellent in these locations. The only thing that I would watch for is the 11 greek coil is not as water proof as claimed. Mine got water in it and it false signals were the results. I ended up buying a NEL Hunter and now use it in the water and as for the 11 greek coil I tried drying it out and now it is working fine.
Gold Bug Pro or G2 are excellent in salt conditions if set up correctly.

When water ingress caused my 11" to false I ran a hair dryer a couple inches away from the underside of the coil. This will force water to seep out of the spots where it entered so I touched those up with 2 part marine epoxy resin. Not a foolproof fix but it helps.

Tom

Some more of the latest finds with my G2.

Awesome relic machine in your hands. Very nice buttons again.

Anyone can get great results from a G2 buddy. The machine is super easy to set up & use. Thanks for the kind reply buddy. HH Tim