Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

yikes, not good,.

1,000$ for a new freezer and an iPad, that sounds pretty good on the price, I would have guessed 2000$.
This last month my alternator when out on my truck and my window motor when out on my van. Ouch!

Yesterday our freezer went pffft. Today, my ipad went pffffft. we've spent over $1,000.00 in the past two days. I need a crying towel.......
You may have an electrical issue.
Do your lights dim or blink when a large appliance turns on ? Say washing machine or microwave ?
Could be a bad neutral condition.
Can damage anything 120V.
With a bad neutral anything 240V.
Will seek the neutral for the return.
If it's bad. It will use the opposite phase.
Sending 140-200 volts down one of the 120v lines.
I've even seen this condition cause fires.
Most electric companies have a trouble dept.
And will test for free using a device we call a load beast. It puts a load on each phase seperately.
Causing an imbalance if the neutral is bad.
Most companies like mine will set a graph.
Recording the power going into your home.
Looking for any anomalies. Dips and rises in voltage and amps.
And it could also have been a near lightning strike.
If you find any bad condition.
You can file a claim with the utility.
And or your insurance company.
Try to watch them testing.
The beast will have two meters on it.
If it detects an imbalance.
The meters will deflect in opposite directions.
5 or more volts difference. There's a problem.
30 or more volts difference is a big problem.
If the meters deflect completely left and right.
You have No neutral functioning.
Sometimes connections get old or loose.
Or even a broken neutral in the wires going to the pole. Underground wires can corrode in two.
Or be partially corroded. Aluminum it's more like dissolved. The aluminum cans you've most likely dug turn to a crumbly white powder. If you have underground wires. Always call your utilities before you dig. A simple nick in the insulation can cause this.
It's a free locating service. OUPS is what they call it in Ohio. The first letter usually being the letter of your state. Ohio Utility Protection Services.

Got y'all beat. New AC coil + new septic Aerator. +/- $5 grand. Whoopie!!!! Let's all sing..."Someone's in the $$$". Wonderful...Christmas is right around the corner!!!!
Yay...hooray... :oops::rolleyes::unsure::coffee::coffee::coffee::cry2: