Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You ATPRO users got my attention

Krazyglue

Especially when you say the Pro can take the place of the high end machines. Is it that good???????? I've gone thru different brands, medium to the high end, and still want for my MXT,( found more goodies with it than all the rest combined ). I currently have an X-Terra 70 that will soon be gone and was considering the etrac , CZ5, or back to old faithfull, the MXT. Enlighten me that the AT-PRO can compete in depth with any of these, and I will be a first time Garret user. I have friends that have garrets, from the ace to the 2500, just wasn't convinced enough, especially with the weight of the 2500. So many different detectors out here its chaos to choose. Been doing this a long time now and wishing I never got rid of my 6000 series ii hip mount. That sweet faint audio of a deep! coin has eluded me ever since. Help me out dirt diggers.

WELL, I have an MXT, AT PRO, Shadow X5, CZ 20. I like both MXT and AT PRO( main detectors I use) for most hunting and both have there own positives and negatives. Shadow and CZ 20 are for water and completion hunts. The AT PRO really was hot for me last weekend in a spot that I have pounded with my MXT. Targets mix in with iron. JMO

In all reality the AT pro is a good machine but it will not hang with an Etrac. I own both. I only have limited time with the AT Pro but the Etrac is deeper and has a more accurate target id in the areas I hunt. But the AT Pro has some features that the Etrac doesn't. The AT Pro is less than half the price of the Etrac and is waterproof too. For the price you can not go wrong with the AT Pro.

The AT Pro has some features that you would only expect in high end machines but I don't think it has the depth they do. Garrett will probably improve depth in this type machine later. I use the F70 with the 11" DD coil for relic hunting. I use the Omega, M6 or AT Pro for coin hunting. Can't decide which I like best. The Omega is the lightest or best balanced. This is important as I'm 76 with a bad back.