Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You guys should be ashamed of yourself.......:veryangry:

Bill_S

For not telling me how good the deus was......:rofl:

Picked one up from a friend recently and took it to one of my places that I know is loaded with clad but also has a lot of nails and others things. Thankfully there are hardly and bottle caps to deal with. I wanted to try to pick out some good targets in the junk. I can not believe how good the Deus is at doing this. I have used a lot of detectors and this is by far the best at it. I have included a video of a small portion of the hunt. I did not find anything except clad but it was a good test run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5An_6EdsE&feature=youtu.be

tks for the video--i'm anxious to get my new deus out this spring except we're just a couple of weeks away from the equinoxe and spring evidently thinks it's still winter. [g] meanwhile i'm trying to absorb every scrap of information i can.

forgive the stupid question--i've been back and forth over the manual but i've never detected anything and thus some chunks of it are still cloudy to me--how do you tell what the approximate target depth is? the horseshoe icon symbols seemed the same no matter whether your objects were 1" or 8" deep. and i couldn't tell that the tones were appreciably weaker or stronger either. for that matter, i couldn't tell how you differentiated multiple targets by using the tones although i could see that on some of the multiple targets with iron the left side of the horseshoe lit up.

thanks,

/guy

i have only put a few hours on it so I may not be the best one to give you advice but I will try. I am sure some of the experts will chime in.
Once you start using it you should be able to tell by sound. If you set the audio reponse to a lower number the deeper targets should sound fainter. I really did not pay a whole lot of attention to the horseshoe but in my testing I did notice the deeper targets did stay near the top of the horseshoe. Maybe the sound on the video is not that good but when you are using it if you really listen you can hear the difference in the tones or sounds. Kind of hard to explain but you will see what I mean. The pinpoint feature will also give you an idea of how deep the traget is too.

Bill_S said:
i have only put a few hours on it so I may not be the best one to give you advice but I will try. I am sure some of the experts will chime in. Once you start using it you should be able to tell by sound. If you set the audio reponse to a lower number the deeper targets should sound fainter.<del>

tks for the response, bill. like i said, i've been reading at a furious pace but, having zero experience with md i don't always understand what i'm reading. i was under the impression that one of the audio setting parameters was used to calibrate the volume at which iron registered. is the fainter audio for all targets a side-effect of dialing down the audio response to iron? or am i on the wrong end of this entirely?

/guy

Depth is determined by the horseshoe on the right side. The more filled in it is the shallower the target. After a while you will be able to tell by sound how deep targets are.

It appeared to me that the video was a stock program. They are nice and crisp programs and help you learn the Deus. But you can adjust the tone frequencies to help better with target ID.

In my opinion the Deus is a great detector at finding relics and old coins. One of the best. But if you take it to a park or ball field and shoot for modern coins it is out of it's element. The visual target ID numbers are just too bouncy and inconsistant to tell the ID of modern coins. I dig too many pennies. I don't want to dig them at all. I hope version 3 helps with ID numbers. But then I really don't hunt for clad unless I'm trying to learn a detector like Bill in the video.

I've been hunting just parks for the last year and find the visual target id to be totally consistant iding targets. I had it jumping between the high 40s and 60, settled around 50 and it was a 10k mens ring. Gold range is between 40 to the 60s, so it was right on. Instead of learning what Xp put into the 9+ programs and how to understand them, some would tweek and expect more out of it. I say learn the basic programs first, who out there thinks they mastered the V2.

Great view gave me a good view of how the machine and the screen works.That Garrett pin pointer serves you well,thanks for taking the time to make the vid .:thumbup::thumbup:

Personally, I am not ashamed of myself. I tell everyone how great their machines are. I just don't tell them how much more I appreciate mine.

I think in the video I started out using the number 2 program but I had made changes to it. After I stopped filming I switched to the Deus fast program. That one was awesome at picking out targets.

great vid bud, i cant wait to get mine out in the field....darn snow!

snow, huh? anything below 50 is too cold for me. if i could speak spanish i'd move even further south ... [g]

/guy

Bill,I have been telling you all for over 3 years.

Once I was a voice in the wilderness but no longer.

We had a club dig yesterday and well over half those taking part were using a Deus.

Many were using the new WS5 headsets which are selling well in the UK.

Glad you all like the featherweight, ultra sensitive, fast recovery,Deus.:thumbup: Jerry.

You know I was just joking with the title............;o) I dont know why I was never interested in the Deus before. Glad I finally tried one. I find it hard to put down.

Thank you for posting the informative and good quality video! I also like your digging tools (both of them). Can you give any information on where one could obtain something like this? Thanks

"Thank you for posting the informative and good quality video! I also like your digging tools (both of them). Can you give any information on where one could obtain something like this?"]

Your welcome. The larger one is called a predator raptor model 31. It can be ordered from the manufacturer. The smaller screwdriver like thing is a gasket scraper I got at an O'reilly auto parts store. It was something like $6.

Bill, this video demonstrates what I've been telling people for almost a year now. It's impressive how trashy that area is and how many metal targets the Deus sees through.

Good job!

I'm glad you gave it a try Bill and that you like it. I've been trying to tell people about the Deus for quite a while now. Wait until you try out a large coil, I never take mine off. The Deus loves low conductors and the Deus Fast program is awesome. I love mine and will be keeping it for a long time. I look forward to your feedback. Keep us posted and let us know if you have any specific questions about it.

HH -Marc

The XP Deus is BY FAR the best trash and iron machine I have ever used... Love it for scouting out an area.