Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You guys using the Vista X

Joseph in Alabama

On stock coil where the X is located on coil is that considered the center of coil target...thank for your time...joe

Joe,

Great you're using the "X"

That is a very clever coil!
In my 40+ years of detecting, I had not seen any coil able to do the 'trickery' this Vista X coil/s is/are capable of!

Yes, the [ dead centre ] is the "Red X" in the middle. But the 'toe' and 'heel' of the coil/s can also PP pretty much as well!

And, the coil can also allow fairly "Confident" determination of [ iron ID ] if you allow the 'square edges' to do the work for you.
That typically happens if you carefully and gently introduce the L & R edges of the coil to where the target [ may be ] inch by inch in a controlled manner and invariably it will 'null' by hoping to Low Tone. Using the front of the coil do the same and it can properly ID 'crown bottle tops (Budwesier, Lite, etc) by also dropping the Tone down even though the CENTRE gives a High Tone.

The machine is clever!

Desi D

Hello Desi
Thanks for the great info..Still getting used to PP with the stock coil...what little time I have had to get out with the X..I can already tell it hits deep and has very fast reset!
hh. joe

Thanks Frank...

Thanks Joe... there are 3 other videos on the Tube alongside the very first one as shown here...and a 5th in the 'planning stages!' (Hint: deep targets