Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

我找到了一个中国便士

hatpin

The Vaquero and I went back to the creek today and I found a Chinese coin . I thought it was going to be a dime . Oh well , it beats getting skunked .

It is made out of good metal . Maybe brass .The rich limestone deposits in the water that frequently flood the area makes toast of nickles and pennies but this one came out in decent shape .

Good find, appreciate you sharing these finds dug near the river.

What I like from your post, Very encourging a reminder to search off old rivers or an old path. For centuries, American native Indians, Spaniards, Pioneers traveled these same trails or paths alongside rivers.

Very very encouraging.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

Old California said:
Good find, appreciate you sharing these finds dug near the river.

What I like from your post, Very encourging a reminder to search off old rivers or an old path. For centuries, American native Indians, Spaniards, Pioneers traveled these same trails or paths alongside rivers.

Very very encouraging.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

One of the things I find a lot of on these spots are wads of aluminum foil . People use to wrap their lunches in them . They may be from the loggers who clear cut the area or people out picnicking / camping or even hunters. I find lots of bullets too . A person can tell a lot about an area by the type of trash one finds .

Does anyone else see the thread title in Chinese?

hatpin said:
The Vaquero and I went back to the creek today and I found a Chinese coin . I thought it was going to be a dime . Oh well , it beats getting skunked .

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/Dipbait/IMG_9785.jpg

I like finding the old Chinese coins. Of course, living in Utah, we had the Transcontinental Rail Road bust through here back in the 1860's along with many Chinese laborers. The Chinese coins are one of those finds that lets you know you're on the right track. :rofl:

HH

Rich -

I like finding the old Chinese coins. Of course, living in Utah, we had the Transcontinental Rail Road bust through here back in the 1860's along with many Chinese laborers. The Chinese coins are one of those finds that lets you know you're on the right track. :rofl:

HH

Rich -[/quote]

Theres a railroad just a quarter mile away . With a big old tunnel and a bridge across the river . Maybe workers took their lunch break here .

Chinese?.... Better check your settings... :rofl:

Elton said:

I LOOKED REAL CLOSE Elton, and sure enough, I had my detector set for DEEP. Do ya think I'm going too DEEP if I'm digging Chinese coins? Maybe I should turn it down a bit. :clapping:

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:

I LOOKED REAL CLOSE Elton, and sure enough, I had my detector set for DEEP. Do ya think I'm going too DEEP if I'm digging Chinese coins? Maybe I should turn it down a bit. :clapping:

Rich -

.................:rofl: Yea dial it back a bit ..lol ............ be sure and fill that hole too. Might get some illegals come through....:devil:

I saw someone else post that they were seeing the thread subjects in Chinese. Nothing else on this or other forums is in Chinese. What gives?