Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

🏁 My Faith Is Restored (Not Religious) 🏁

thepest

I went back to my local trash lot today... I'm still shaking out these 2 (new to me) detectors... an XLT-E and a DFX-E... I got the XLT with no rods or coil... and the battery pack had Spoded... but I was up for the challenge... I have an 950 x-coil that Iv'e had on other machines in the past... It seemed like a good fit... but the last few times out... I started getting false targets... and pinpointing was drifty... Today I decided to grab the 950 pancake off my Silver Eagle... I know this coil is 100% good...
The XLT was like a brand new machine... ( never even pulled out the DFX ) I found plenty of NJ Aluminum... a couple of zinc pennies... And then I got this Goofy Deep target... The XLT was chattering all over the place... first it's a nail, then it's silver dollar, then it's tin foil... pin point said 10 1/2 inches down... so I cut a square plug and checked the hole... Still There... I dug out a pile of dirt and checked the hole... No Target... ( hot dawg ) I checked the dirt pile... No Target.... ( uh oh ) I checked the plug... No Target... ( dang it ) I guess the XLT is Junk... :cry:
I put the dirt back in the hole... And checked for good measure before puttin the plug back... THERE IT WAS... same crazy chatter... Dirt comes back out... I check the dirt... Nothing!!!
I check the hole... There it Is.... What Is Going On!!! :crazy: I took 2 big scoops out... and checked the dirt pile.... I got you now... It's a Tiny Rosary Cross of some sort... It's hooked on a rusty chain... I'm guessing when I had it out of the hole the first time... The chain masked it... So it disappeared... The Cross was so small... I was pushing and chasing it around in the soft soil...
So my Faith is restored in The XLT... :angel: I got a Rosary to prove it...:clapping: And unfortunately... I have a Bumm 950 x-coil :stretcher:

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 69
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 69
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 69
Nice recovery no matter how it got found!!!!

Check the wiring on the coil connector, corrosion could be the issue
Quick Update: As I was tidying up the other day... I picked up that X-Coil... and I thought I herd Ker Chunk... I held the coil flat and gently shook it up an down... Ker Chunk Ker Chunk Ker Chunk.... I did call Centreville Electronics on the off beat chance it could be repaired.... The gentleman told me to hang it on the wall.... so there you have it... :sadwalk: