Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

grunt0311

Running the Explorerll everything is working great however i keep getting a solid hit reading 00 31 and they are usually deep. I'm sure these are hot rocks or large rocks with lots of iron in them...
I'm running 26 on the disc. and pretty much factory settings. What do i need to change to null over these rocks??

You may have your sensitivity set too high for your ground conditions, and getting a lot of 00-31 falsing, or you just may be swinging in an area that has a lot of hot rocks/highly mineralized ground.

I like to keep my sensitivity in the low 20's (manual) in my turf areas. I find that my machine will still get the 8+" signals with that sens., and give me better target separation amongst the trash/iron/highly mineralized ground. I still get the 00-31 signals quite a bit in the areas I hunt. So to keep those hot-rocks from sounding off all the time, I created my own discrimination pattern and blackened out the 1 pixel in the upper-rightmost corner of the smartfind screen. Make sure you use the smallest pixel setting when you blacken(reject) the one pixel. And make sure you save the pattern so you can use it again the next time you turn your machine on.

It should help tremendously with quieting those 00-31 signals, without losing any silver coin signals.

Here's what my screen looks like. I use just little iron mask, in addition to the 1 rejected pixel at 00-31.
[attachment 156660 SE_smartfind.jpg]

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

that if rejecting just 1 pixel is not enough to quiet those 00-31 signals, you may reject (blacken) out the 4 upper-righmost pixels (you just need to reject the 3 additional pixels that are touching the one in the far-right corner).

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I havn't eliminated the 00 31 signals all together but i have quieted them to about half as much just by running discrimination down to 23 from 26.
I meant to say the area i was working was wooded with lots of rocks. i don't have this problem as soon as i hit the grassy areas so i bump up
the discrimination back to 26.
Now here comes another problem...i caught the cord going into to coilon some barbedwire and before i knew it, i had pulled the cord right out
of the coil. Well i've been meaning to try out a new coil anyway and have been listening to Bryce talk about the 10x12 SEF. Will that work out
ok on a EXll? I'm sure the stock coil can be fixed but just not by me. If anyone is interested send me a pm...thanks again

No problem. The 10x12 is a tad bit heavier to swing than the stock coil. If you have no shoulder ailments, you should be fine.

Wow, I've never pulled the cord completely out of my coil before....with all the newer coils out there, I'm not sure it would even be worthwhile to pay to have it fixed.

HH,
CAPTN

I guess he dosent have a sholder problem if he pulled the coil cable out of the coil????LOL Mickfin

As a new user of the SE Pro, I'm not familiar with this 00-31 thing. Sounds like a problem for many, and you all seem to know what is being discussed, but of course I am not familiar with this 00-31 thing. Saw some mention hot rocks which apparently can read that way; some metioned maybe it's good to disc out that pixel. Is there rarely a time when a 00-31 would be a silver coin? I have a silver dime buried that I get 00-29 on, in my test garden...so for someone with little experience, discing out a 00-31 seems like it might be taking a chance on missing a silver coin. Is the 00-31 a pretty common reading for nail falses also, or just mostly hot rocks? Any info on this 00-31 is appreciated.

Finally, saw where grunt0311 was referring to running "disc" at 26, or 23, or whatever; as I'm still trying to learn this thing -- is it correct when I assume he is referring to the iron mask? Just want to be sure...

Thanks,

Steve

your oo-29 is normal for a dime oo-31 usaly hot rock or rusty nail another way to test is go to ferrous sounds iron wil go to low grunt sound way to help check what you got under the coil the switch back to conductive sounds stick with your presets awhile to you start to get used to the se it will start to click faily quick later down to road you can start to play wiyh other sttings the se is awsome and can be used many ways get andy sabisch,s book it helps you alot and also shows many ways you can run your se and get great results good luck and good hunting

Yes, Andy's book is next on my list of purchases.

I hunted today, and did notice a couple of 00-31s (which I suspected were iron), that would then switch at times to a 30-31, especially in pinpoint mode...is what is going on here some kind of "wraparound" that I've heard talked about?

Steve

I had a signal or two yesterday that were reading 00-05 to 00-10. Was'nt sure what to think. I did'nt dig them but I can always go back. Only a block from my house.

I did find a similar signal today at a different spot. Dug it up and it was the scattered remains of a rusty piece of iron. So maybe the low numbers are due to the target being broken-up.

Steve,

Not sure. I will certainly be checking any future targets that read like that. Now that I think of it, I did'nt recheck that hole after I removed the iron, so maybe there was something else in there with it. Will let you know if anything else comes up.

Dave

Thanks, Dave -- I'll check them, too. Learning when the "Ferrous" number helps, and gives additional information over what a single-frequency VLF machine can, and when these machines STILL get fooled by iron, is a big part of the learning process that I need to work through...

Steve