Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

06-12-2011

LandOLincoln

Take from this weekend was 8 wheat pennies 1920-1950, one trade token (copper?) for 25 IN TRADE but doesn't specify what store or town, and a dog registration tag from the 1930s. The last number on the tag is missing as the piece was rolled over on itself. I'll get some pics up tonight. I hit a couple parks this weekend. Forest City, Manito, and Green Valley. Lots of clad but the majority of the wheat's came from the same spot in Princeville that I've been getting the rest of the older coins I've been finding. I got one 1950 wheat from Forest City. The rest came from Princeville.

I broke my digger Thursday on a tree root so I'm waiting for my Lesche digger to come in. Thankfully it was still usable this weekend just bent a lot in the harder packed soils south of Pekin. Also, If the on button on that pinpointer from harbor freight messes up one more time I may have to invest in the Garrett Pro Pointer. It's an easy fix but if you don't have a small screwdriver on you at the time it messes up its rather annoying. I've started using it in a zip-lock bag to keep the dirt out of it which should extend the time before it needs taken apart and cleaned again. Hope you all had a chance to get out there and swing your coils this weekend. The weather was close to perfect! Last count I had 32 gnat bites on my head neck and arms :(

You got some nice finds but as you found out, it pays in the long run to pay the extra bucks for quality accessories.

I totally agree but I didn't want to put down a lot of money on a hobby I didn't know I would enjoy. But now after the fact I wish I would have bought Minelab E-trac instead of going to Aruba haha.

Got out this weekend too, I rescued two silver roosy dimes, last and first being a 46 and a 64 along with a 44 wheat cent. As for tech ask around the club for demo's of pin pointers before you purchase. Same goes for any equip you need. Seeing it in action beats any advertisement and endorsement. You have a big knowledge and equipment pool in your club, use it to your advantage.

Great finds. I love the old dog tag and also the gun. What a great time out and great finds also. HH, Nancy

Cool finds. Gun and token:thumbup:

Capt Ron