Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

06-24-2011

LandOLincoln

Decided to go check under the porch of that house and found a corroded 1897 V nickel and a VERY worn 1868 Russian Copper Coin 5 Kopeks.

A couple more nice finds......:beers:

OMG.......It's so awesome to see you finding those old coins. I sure do like that V nickel. Congrats on them. HH, Nancy

Yeah she would have been pretty without the corrosion. Took me forever to figure out that russian coin. Its the size of a half dollar and heavy. I thought it was some token that said 1868 to some other date that was worn off. Thank you google!

Great finds, nice thinking to search under.

The porch is small. Maybe 10 by 6 at most. Lots of iron under there. Only came up with one other coin, a clad dime. The V-nickel and the Kopek were only an inch and a half deep. I went back with my sniper coil yesterday but didn't pull any more coins out from under the porch. Decided to give the yard a rest for a while so checked another old house. So much trash it was hard to find anything but did manage $2.13 in clad.