Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 & 2 depth test

empty_pockets

I watched 3 UK videos of these 2 detectors and all I saw after 11 inches, targets were very hard to hit...Is this the best depth these detectors can get...

It's not the "best depth these detectors can get" It's this best that operator, in his soil, with his settings, on his targets can get. :clapping:

if your GB numbers are less than 80 you probably will get fair depth, and if below a 75 GB it like air testing , but i have a gravel road I like to hunt and it balances at 86 to 87 and i loose targets past 5" they can just click but what is nice is the all metal is up to the task.

"depth" topic has sure continued to amaze me. How long? Well, for as long as I have been hunting, and in over half-a-century people still as today as they did when I started ... How deep was it? How deep will it find things? Etc., etc., etc.

Your reply was perfect!

Monte

Tom Slick said:
It's not the "best depth these detectors can get" It's this best that operator, in his soil, with his settings, on his targets can get. :clapping:

Tom that was pretty "Slick" lol was a perfect answer.. That should be the sticky at the beginning of every thread..

You can make a detector detect a coin at 2 foot in air , but in the ground you can 1 third or less of this depth. Unless some one designs a magical new detector even in 40 years time depths will be te same.

think I read Dave J. talking about depth somewhere on VLF hobby machines it was something about the power needed to double in ground depth, cant remember exactly how it went, but that we wouldn't be able to carry the battery.

sure there are some parks I know of that have some deep coins ( that I cant hit with any detector I own) been top dressed over the years grass braking down after mowing etc.. guess I could go PI but mmmmmmmm that's a lot of digging.

I think the new deep is speed and the gold racer is the fastest detector I have used I don't know about the other Makro/Nokta machines I haven't used them, I would like a racer 2 , but will hold out and see what the impact has to offer 1st.

in the mean time gold season is coming up and so taking the GR to the parks to get used to it and dig it all and hope for gold, might even hit the gold fields this year to see how it runs.

remember that you heard it here 1st speed is the new deep.

AJ

Monte you are absolutely right.Been digging since mid 60's.Out of 100 questions I've been asked probably 70 % is "how deep will it go?"