Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1/2 reale and woods hibernia

The Fog

Happy fall... the second best season for detecting. Found some bale seals, musket balls, flat button, etc last weekend. I also found this nice half reale and a destroyed Woods Hibernia. I recently got permission to hunt 500 acre farm that has been active since 1637, I should be hitting that in a couple of weeks... i have high hopes.

n/t

A super nice coin!! Congrats on finding it and hope that site produces lot's more great coins!!

Awesome find man those are sweet coin. But what did the Reale ring in as number?was it a solid number?

I've found about a half dozen 1/2 reales and they almost always ring at 35-36. ! reales will ring in like a dime, 37 on my machine. Hibernia's or any old copper always ring in at 38, although I've found a few counterfeits that will ring low, high twenties.

Your welcome, I meant to say 1 reale, not !. I haven't found a 2 reale so i couldn't tell you. My detecting buddy found an 8 reale and it was 38, just like an old copper. And if you've ever wondered what a 1652 massachusetts oak tree six-pence rings in at it will sound like a wheatie!